The Fish Tank.30man's MTT's.

• teganpoker
      teganpoker
      Silver
      Hiya guys,

So figure a blog will be the best way to start focusing more on my play and to encourage me to post more sample hands and get hopefully from you lot some nice advice/encouragement.

So a little history....

27 years old live in Wales :) Been playing poker online for a couple of years mostly as a loosing/breakeven player.

I mostly played cashgames but after some major downswings in my cashgame results i have recently moved over to 30mans MTT's.

<Main areas of focus>
      Improve overall game by studying as much as possible.
      At least 5 games a day.
      Post questionable hands on forums.(Did this twice so far need to do daily.)
      Profit!

<Format of games>
      Well my starting bankroll was recieved on WilliamHill (Ipoker blergh) so whatever micro games i play the rake is really quite big (20percent)
      I played 3 of the 30man MTT's and placed first twice in the three of them.After that little success i decided my focus would become these games.

<Current Running>

15 games played
      First Place x2
      Forth x1
      Fifth x1
      (also placed first in a standard 1.20sng)

Current ROI:81.1%
      Current Winnings:$14.60

So now my questions:
      Are 30man MTT profitable long run?
      Any great books for MTT? (micro levels would be great)
      How often can one expect to finish in the money if playing well? (Is it usual to only have 4 placings over 15 games)

I know i dont have much data in terms of games played but anyone with knowledge in this field i would love your input.

I am emigrating to Australia in 3 weeks time and for visa reasons wont be able to work for 3months so i will have plenty of time to focus and start putting some volume in.
  • 2 replies
    • teganpoker
      teganpoker
      Silver
      IPoker, $1 Buy-in (400/800 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: 5,885 (7.4 bb)
      MP: 4,020 (5 bb)
      CO: 5,485 (6.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 3,945 (4.9 bb)
      SB: 6,395 (8 bb)
      BB: 19,270 (24.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J 8
      3 folds, Hero raises to 3,945 and is all-in, SB folds, BB calls 3,145

Flop: (8,290) K 7 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (8,290) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (8,290) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      8,290 pot
      Final Board: K 7 4 9 4
      Hero mucked J 8 and lost (-3,945 net)
      BB showed A Q and won 8,290 (4,345 net)

So guys on the final table short stacked one outa the money.SB is supernit 8/8 and BB is loose-passive.Correct to shove or not?Would have i been better to wait for better cards considering blind levels?
    • teganpoker
      teganpoker
      Silver

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So i haven't been able to play too much poker at all so that's my goals out of the window...as well as not submitting any hands at all.I think it can be forgiven at the moment as im getting everything ready for the big move to Australia in 6days.So excited guys,im feeling in a very positive mood about my life right now so hopefully i can carry over into my poker.

Yes yes i know only 31games played so nothing really volume wise but i am winning.

Im playing the occasional regular SNG when the 30man are taking to long to fill (damn you Ipoker) Also this reminds me im sure i missed this weeks installment of my bonus.Hope i played enough hands.

Anyways Current Stats for those who are interested are.

31 Games Played.
      ROI 62percent
      In the Money 26percent
      Winnings (net) 22.90

Anyone else got experience in 30man MTT?

Would love to hear if its viable long term...i know my volume is nothing i promise ill play more...feedback people!!!

<3 thanks for reading-if you are :)