[NL2-NL10] NL2SH Zooooooom Preflop decision w/ AJ

• 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

The action should be squeeze here cause we can't really Call with our hand while it has very little equity being multiway. And of course I'd plan to squeeze/fold it.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      And your plan postflop if called by one or both players?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      And your plan postflop if called by one or both players?
      Depends on the flop, depends from whom but most likely we can CB it for value if we do hit and if rather not on even dry boards just Check/Fold it. Cause their calling range is more often in ZOOM PPs. :)

Instead of letting me to tell ya what to do try to guess yourself as well. :)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I don't need to guess, I have a standard line. May sound silly but it doesn't feel to bad to see how other players play without pre-empting them - anyway, I Bet depending on the board texture and depending on opponent!

without going into fairly obvious adjustments for different opponents here is board texture;

If there is a nice dry high-card T+ flop to represent I will bet it just under 2/3rds OOP, bit over 1/2 IP (Note if I do not have Ax I C/F maybe half the time on an A high board due to the larger number of Ax hands in their ranges over Kx etc)

If there are two highcards on the flop I look more closely at the opponent before deciding whether to bet. Increased chance of 2nd pair, set, Gutshot etc makes me look a lot more closely at how their range connects with said board. Needless to say If I deem huge number of PP's to be in their calling range I bet and get more folds than on a single highcard flop.

If the flop is uber-drawy or I cannot rep TPTK easily eg, 8h9hTh or 257 rainbow I stay away from betting and Check/Fold. I have recently been thinking however one of these is a leak in zoom.

The "bad flop to cbet";

edit; This is about the 275 rainbow but I wrote four paragraphs detailing my thoughts. Definately too much, I shall instead just summarise.

A lot of opponents in zoom are now folding too much at least on microstakes to cbets on these boards. Maybe the "its a bad board to cbet, he must have something!" effect. I'm guessing that stakewise people stop doing this in NL50 or 100 although I can't confirm anything as of yet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, what's the main thing what ZOOM players do? They set mine. :P Which means they will have a lot of PPs in their calling range there instead of total crappy hands. Therefore you could only CB those dry boards if you also assume the opponent to have a loose calling range.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      :)