[NL2-NL10] Aq Nl10Zoom Fr

• DucksEatFish
      DucksEatFish
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $11.80 (118 bb)
      SB: $11.50 (115 bb)
      BB: $5.12 (51.2 bb)
      UTG+1: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $9.70 (97 bb)
      MP1: $16.40 (164 bb)
      Hero (MP2): $18.07 (180.7 bb)
      MP3: $10.37 (103.7 bb)
      CO: $12.04 (120.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) A 4 J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.35) 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($3.35) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1, BB folds, Hero calls $1

Should I've bet the turn? I ended up checking since it was a 3-way pot, and I thought it might be to expensive scaring away flush-draws seeing they both called on the flop.
  • 3 replies
    • Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DucksEatFish
      Should I've bet the turn? I ended up checking since it was a 3-way pot, and I thought it might be to expensive scaring away flush-draws seeing they both called on the flop.
      No way for me to play the hand differently than bet turn and fold to a raise.
      If a spade card hits check fold river. Depends ,of course, to the bet sizing but if they both call your bet on the turn and a spade comes on the river then it is supereasy fold.
      If no spade comes do some guesswork (it is zoom poker) and either check to induce a bet from missed flush draws (i go for that) or bet small for very thin value if one player continued with the hand to the river. If they both did call then it becomes a very thin value bet and just better go with the check-call line, cautiously.

Remember if a thin value bet gets raised you have to fold in most cases with no reads (vs the deadly minraises ,i do not know, it is your call. Do some maths).

And for last but not least , by any means, what logic is that ? "Too expensive to scare them off" ?( . Purpose is to charge them... not to make them do the right thing and fold but the wrong thing and call the biggest possible bet. The pot being bigger I think it helps you with that ;) .

Just think that when the flush card comes (19%) they want you to call around (or more ,depending on your turn bet) half pot river bet to make their bad call on the turn profitable. But you won't, you will fold and let them think they just won money. ;)

P.S. By saying them i refer to callers in general, not to both active players in the hand, because if first guy calls then the second guy calls profitably, with the nut FD.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yeah definitely bet turn. bet/fold all the way. you shouldn't be worried about being drawn out on, but you should focus on getting the money in good. if you assume they are on a flushdraw - which is likely in this spot - then you can bet and safely get your money in while you're ahead.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DucksEatFish,

Instead of Check/Calling when a FD gets there you should be Bet/Folding the turn and protect your hand.

Best Regards.