MP1 (£16.54) 165bb
      MP2 (£10.42) 104bb
      MP3 (£4.25) 43bb
      CO (£10.34) 103bb
      BTN (£9.99) 100bb
      SB (£4.45) 45bb
      sirilidion (BB) (£11.72) 117bb

Pre-Flop: (£0.15, 9 players) sirilidion is BB A:heart: J:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to £0.30, 2 folds, sirilidion raises to £1, CO calls £0.70

Flop: 5:heart: 5:spade: A:spade: (£1.95, 2 players)
      sirilidion bets £1.40, CO calls £1.40

Turn: 2:club: (£4.75, 2 players)
      sirilidion bets £3, CO goes all-in £7.94, sirilidion folds

CU: hands:31 VPIP:26 PFR:23 AF: 2.5
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sirilidion,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place here?

As played
      Postflop: Well yeah, didn't you 3bet it for value preflop while assuming that he calls with weaker Ax hands? Or what was the idea in 3betting in first place. And also what's the purpose of 2nd barreling the turn? Are ya doing it for value?

Best Regards.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Preflop:it sort of for value as it isn't a bad hand then again if we get 4 b with no information on his 4 b tendencies I would assume the AJo isn't strong enough and fold.

We sort of block an A and J combinations in his range and I don't like to play the hand oop without initiative so it was either a fold or a 3 bet for me and here I decided to go for a 3 bet. As if we call AJ we out of position without initiative we be most likely just c-folding a lot if we miss and even if we git an A or a J we probably still wouldn't want to play a big pot. With the 3 bet I think I pick it up right there since his range if with on the button and even if called I think we can still pick it up a lot of the time with a c-bet.

Postflop: we hit this hand although we have top pair J Kicker still doing ok even when we assume his range for raising and calling if probably strong.

Not sure about the turn think it might have been better to c/f here as I don't see any people have a lot of people would even float hands like KK,QQ,JJ in this spot most. Probably would probably fold these hands to the c-bet in a 3-bet pot and worse A would most likely fold to the 3 bet.

After I got raise I don't really think I will be a lot of times I am still ahead here so then in best case I am drawing death to a J and in worse case he had AA and just drawing death so it seemed like a clear fold to me
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, you said you did it sort of for value then it means we can't fold it postflop either. :) Just doesn't make sense to think this way. Although vs unknown I'd rather say you can never be sure if you get value from worse. There ain't just many worse Ax hands. Instead of 3betting there we could easily just Call and play postflop. Not that the 3bet ain't possible but you also must understand why you doing this.

By hoping that he just folds a lot of flops is kinda not the best thinking, cause you didn't even point out what you going to do after he calls you on the flop on dry flop. :P Without even knowing what to do there it means you rather wont show huge profit with your hand.

Also what happens is that you are more often getting called from better Ax hands and you rarely even able to CBet it for value? Exactly like what happened, I mean you are CBetting the flop & turn and then even folding the hand. Why do you CB then in first place? Why would you want to turn your hand into bluff.

Also as it proves that you are thinking of Check/Folding the turn in 3bet pots, which means that you are rarely going to show any profit with your play. Maybe 1-2 times the guy will fold to your CB but very often people will just float you there and take down the pot on the turn.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I just have a really hard time putting a good plan together post-flop oop here.

if we call are planning to call down if we hit a top pair with an A or a J?
      are we ever c/r flops if we miss and what boards woud you consider are good for c/r?
      or are we going to just c/f if we miss, because without the c/r I doubt caling the AJo is profitable
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      I just have a really hard time putting a good plan together post-flop oop here.

if we call are planning to call down if we hit a top pair with an A or a J?
      are we ever c/r flops if we miss and what boards woud you consider are good for c/r?
      or are we going to just c/f if we miss, because without the c/r I doubt caling the AJo is profitable
      Obviously I can't write you the whole plan what I would do. I would need for that to write an article. Can be played very differently, either way ahead/behind & let him bluff or even raised for value dependent on the opponent.

Why would without Check/Raise AJo profitable there? And you think 3betting is profitable? If the guy for example rarely even folds to 3bets and nor to CBs? Especially if you 3bet preflop then it means you doing it for value, so how can you fold the turn?