This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10, SH, K9s deep

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $25.13 (251.3 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $8.99 (89.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $30.47 (304.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 K
      CO folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 9 K 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1, BB folds

Turn: ($3.20) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2

River: ($7.20) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.20, SB calls $7.20

Results:
      $21.60 pot ($1.08 rake)
      Final Board: 9 K 8 9 6
      SB mucked K A and lost (-$10.60 net)
      Hero showed 9 K and won $20.52 ($9.92 net)

there was some history between me and SB. firstly, i picked up AA in BB while we were both effective 200bb deep, he opened to an odd amount so i decided not to take any chances and i 3bet to 50bb. he called OOP and i bet 60% pot on the flop and he folded. he started raging in the chat at me. the next hand, i opened AJs UTG and he 3bet me really big and told me to fold, so i folded (was not going to call such a big bet with that hand while deep). then this is the next hand. since he was getting really aggressive and 3betting every open i decided to limp on the BU and call his isolation. i thought i would have massive implieds if i hit big with any hand so i thought K9s was ok...

my question is.. one the river, he doesnt have air. he has a flush a lot of the time, trips that are check folding and maybe a better FH. i really wanted to jam on the river because he was a bad player and probably never getting away from a good flush here. how is my line? should i have just shipped it? looking back, KK is only 1 combo and i really can't put him on that or the straight flush while he has many more flushes in his range. i admit i was influenced by how deep i was, which is really bad. so is it a value jam or is my bet okay since he might not call the jam?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Why do you limp? :D Raise it up or just fold it. :P

As played
      Postflop: I'd most likely even consider shoving the river sometimes even though we are so deep. Cause we so often will see an A is going to Call and of course he also has worse FH.

Best Regards.