This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - ATo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $2.00
      UTG: $4.63
      MP: $6.31
      CO: $1.33
      BTN: $7.50
      SB: $1.68

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: T:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.11, 5 players) A:club: 6:spade: 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.08, UTG raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.43, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

River: ($0.75, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.02, fold

UTG wins $0.72

Villain is unknown. On the flop against the minraise I don't think I can/should fold, considering the draws that are possible, which he could easily raise with. But then, should I just call? Raise? On the turn should I just bet for protection? I think I have a pretty clear fold on the river, but I really dislike my play in the hand, especially on the turn. What would be a better way to play the hand?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi TinoLaan

i think this is an ok spot to isolate the limpers. although you are OOP there is so much dead money. your plan would then be bet/fold on the flop with a pair.

as played, why call the flop raise? i don't know what weaker hands would play this way especially in an unraised pot and for that reason i think you should just bet/fold the flop. you call the flop raise and are forced to check the turn and call a crappy bet by him. same on the river and i think you would have saved yourself a lot of bb by folding the flop.

calling OOP is never good for these exact reasons :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello TinoLaan,

Preflop: You could easily even isolate here but it's not really must if you don't feel playing great with those mediocre hands.

As played
      Postflop: For the given odds it's still fine to Call but as you may understand that it's just a freeplay pot and might even not worth fighting over it. :)

Best Regards.