Rosakatt89

• rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      so im 23 years old and from norway.
      i have played poker for about 5 years but never managed to go in plus so that sucks.
      i started a SNG blog for about a week ago and lost $100 so i decided to just start with cash instead and hope for the best.
  • 2 replies
    • rosakatt89
      rosakatt89
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      my motivation is simply that i want to be good at something and poker is a game that only few people are good at and to be one of them would have been awsome.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      hmm i will have to say that my biggest leak is tilt.(like the rest)
      distractions are also a big leak of mine, i tend to read news and stuff when playing instead of watching the play.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      playing tight agressive means that you play your good cards agressive and it also means that you should play a tight range of cards, but that doesnt mean that you shouldnt loosen up against a tight player , and play like a nit against a loose player.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Distractions may very often cause you tilt! Are you aware of that? I would strongly recommend getting into habit of not getting distracted. Always try to force close the news or whatever you reading/watching/listening. You are there to get better and maybe even win some money. It's like work for you so take it very seriously. The more effort you put into it the more it will bring you back.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.