Razer makes a great horizontal mouse.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I don't even know what a vertical mouse is. Sorry
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Personally im using razor mouses for years now and currently razor deathadder which i really like. There really is a ton of different mouses on the marker this day and with such variety you really should go to the store and check them out for yourself to see which one fits you hand the best. Your probably going to use it for at least 2 years and if your a serious grinder then owning quality gear should be your top priority.
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Not sure about the ~$60 budget. Well for gaming I do love http://www.roccat.org products, works well with poker too. The mouse "Roccat Kone+" is pretty good. Depends on hand size too (for comfort). Just not a fan of Razer products! They have piano finish on mice that suck imo. But you can find a lot of mice on ~$60 range at Razer.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I'm not sure what you mean by "vertical" mouse

What you linked to is a trackball, where you make all the mouse movements with your thumb alone.

They KILL my forearm after only a few hours.

They gave me one at work, and it didn't last a day.

My colleague still has his almost 10 years later. Go figure.

If you can find a store that lets you play with one for a bit, that might help.

I use software that assign keystrokes to various tasks, and and for some rooms, and I can play w/o touching the mouse at all. Works for me anyway.

Good hunting!

--VS
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      This is one article on them Vertical Mouses

Thought that the logitech mouse was one of these as well, looks like I was wrong.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      OK, I'm familiar with the concept -- I had just never heard the term.

I use a standard mouse all day at work, and then I play poker at home, and about another hour or more on the computer each day.

I do have my workspace set up ergonomically correctly.

If you google:
      computer workstation ergonomics
      You will find a host of articles on setting up a computer workstation that is comfortable, relaxing and efficient.

the article I used is this:
      http://www.worksafebc.com/publications/health_and_safety/by_topic/assets/pdf/comptr_wrkstn.pdf

The mouse is certainly part of the whole environment, and I'm glad you brought these to my attention again.

I'll look into them. I definitely know that the thumb-trackball kind is out, though.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Razer by far
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      Razer by far
      I'm having an aching wrist, is a mouse like this going to help? I understand that they have great precision, good for gaming, but why would one like this be better than a standard one ? ?(

I'd buy an Evoluent mouse but by now I've only found them on the official site and shipping is 50$ :f_cry: , I think 150$ is too much for me atm.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      +1 for razer, my copperhead is awesome.

as for wrist problems, a mouse won't heal the cause, it might just make symptoms not as painful. instead of wasting money on an expensive mouse, figure out a way to make your joints stronger and get rid of joint pain (usually acheived by stretching + bodyweight exercises)
    • Toothless32
      Toothless32
      Bronze
      Actually I have read an article from one of the most famous wow player and they said "SteelSeries Sensei" is much better than razer
    • Gabba1988
      Gabba1988
      Bronze
      Logitech G500 fits really well into my hand and feels more ergonomic than the Razer copperhead I used to have.