[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 whale goes all in

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was wondering what to do in this spot.

SB is 36/18/1.7/38 (VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD) on 28 hands
      BB is 69/35/1.7/42 whale. He went all in on the flop once with TP good kicker

I would definetely call with only the BB in the hand, now I'm a bit worried about the SB. Best to go all in here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.72)
      BB ($6.29)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($7.63)
      BTN ($23.34)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.35, [/color]fold, fold, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.05) 5:spade: 2:heart: 7:spade:

SB checks, BB bets $5.94 (AI), Hero ???
  • 5 replies
    • londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Silver
      It's s fold, in my opinion.

I think pf open was good, as you dragged blinds and got position. Pretty nice result. Now, the flop is a mixed one. You have over pair, but no flush draw or middle cards for a straight.

BB overshoved it. Usually, if overshoved in 3 handed flop, it is either pretty strong or a bluff. You hand is in the middle. It is 50:50-ish. How about SB? He might have a set and trying to c/r all along. If you call and SB raise all-in, you had to call.

If the same situation happend 10 times, and by odds, you could have a set one of them. Fold all the other 9 times, and call with a top set once, then you would be +EV against this opponent.
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MoneyStef
      I would definetely call with only the BB in the hand, now I'm a bit worried about the SB. Best to go all in here?
      I would definitely not call with only the BB in the hand. What hands do you think you're beating?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MoneyStef,

We haven't invested much into the pot, not worth hero-calling. We also have another guy to act, rather leave it alone and wait for better spot. Even though you have seen him shoving with TP, it's still not the case that they do that always and especially maybe it was a strong TP and way different action.

Best Regards.
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice. I should have been more specific: last time he did it, it was with K8, 8 making the top pair on the flop, hand and situation were similar. He did play strangely in the sense that he likes to shove, so I was quite sure he had non-monsters in his range as well.

Would your advice change if we would make the assumption that I am right about his range: sets, 2 pair, 88-99, 7-x (almost any 7-x) & JJ. AA, KK and QQ he would almost definitely 3bet pre-flop as he was very aggressive, probably even JJ he would 3bet. So I'm bad shape against sets, 2 pair and JJ, good against the majority of his range as there are many 7-x combo's and the 88-99 hands.

If we assume that I'm ahead of his range, do I still have to fold because of the third player?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MoneyStef
      Thanks for the advice. I should have been more specific: last time he did it, it was with K8, 8 making the top pair on the flop, hand and situation were similar. He did play strangely in the sense that he likes to shove, so I was quite sure he had non-monsters in his range as well.

Would your advice change if we would make the assumption that I am right about his range: sets, 2 pair, 88-99, 7-x (almost any 7-x) & JJ. AA, KK and QQ he would almost definitely 3bet pre-flop as he was very aggressive, probably even JJ he would 3bet. So I'm bad shape against sets, 2 pair and JJ, good against the majority of his range as there are many 7-x combo's and the 88-99 hands.

If we assume that I'm ahead of his range, do I still have to fold because of the third player?
      Well, everything is possible here. Whatever you felt is going to be correct, I didn't play on your table nor I don't really know anything about him. :P Hard to rate the guys there with just few stats.