Terms and conditions

• tomstaube
      tomstaube
      Bronze
      bet365 reserves the right to refuse payment to any player who is found colluding or slow playing. In addition, where a player's account is frozen or they are excluded from the poker room for whatever reason, the player will be removed from all aspects of this promotion.

What does "slow playing" mean?
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hi tomstaube,

What are these terms and conditions in relation to?

Here is a definition of the term Slowplay from our glossary.

You can always ask Bet365 support on their own definition :)

Hope this helped,
      Gary
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      In this context it actually means soft playing. Not slow playing.

Say for instance you and a friend are playing on the same table. If you check back the river with the nuts that is soft playing.

Slow playing does not matter. Slow playing would be if you checked back the nuts on the flop and turn and bet the river
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN
      In this context it actually means soft playing. Not slow playing.

Say for instance you and a friend are playing on the same table. If you check back the river with the nuts that is soft playing.

Slow playing does not matter. Slow playing would be if you checked back the nuts on the flop and turn and bet the river
      I'm pretty sure bold part can be so gray area. How can they prove that? What if you misclick or timeout for check behind? What about microstakes where a lot of players are literally thrilled to show their good hand (quads or better) but are "scared" to bet because no one will see their royal or whatever (auto muck is turned on by default on many rooms)?
      I mean, how can they prove you checked back the nuts and what they define as "the nuts"? Is that 88 on 8-7-9, 9, Q board? Obviously not. What if you misread the board while multitabling and check back by accident? Just wondering... :P
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      The 'effective' nuts is what I mean.

So yeh even thought 88 on 899xQ isnt the nuts. If your checked to on the river, you have to be mental to check back.

I am sure they would let you off if you had a misclick now and then but if you frequently check back vs a certain player etc they are going to start kicking off!

Just FYI when playing live you will actually receive a penalty for checking back the 'nuts'

For example I saw a player check back the Ah on a 4 flush board (not paired and no straight flush possible) with the reasoning 'he wont call with anything so I just want to see his hand' and the guy got a 1 orbit penalty.