[NL2-NL10] NL2 - bad play?

• LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1 (50 bb)
      UTG+1: $0.61 (30.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $0.96 (48 bb)
      MP1: $4.99 (249.5 bb)
      MP2: $2.20 (110 bb)
      MP3: $2.21 (110.5 bb)
      CO: $2.22 (111 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $1.98 (99 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 T
      UTG+1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.04, BB calls $0.02, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB folds

Flop: ($0.28) 7 8 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.04, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.88) J (3 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.78, UTG+1 calls $0.25 and is all-in, MP3 calls $0.68

River: ($2.79) 9 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.96 and is all-in, MP3 calls $0.96

Results:
      $4.71 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 7 8 7 J 9
      UTG+1 showed 9 T and lost (-$0.61 net)
      MP3 showed 8 8 and won $4.55 ($2.55 net)
      Hero showed 9 T and lost (-$2 net)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LinasMilius,

Instead of calling the flop just fold it, cause you never know if you have implied odds, could easily have reversed odds and not to talk about other people behind you who could just 3bet there.

Best Regards.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

Instead of calling the flop just fold it, cause you never know if you have implied odds, could easily have reversed odds and not to talk about other people behind you who could just 3bet there.

Best Regards.
      pre: I'm not big fan of folding, investing 1bb and folding for 2bb's, i know the reasoning for fold, in this situation pre was very strange in that case i see people having strong holdings, i'm not aiming for Txx, this was something close to set mining.

What's more important for me is to hear what you think about my game after the flop:

Flop / good call?
      Turn / good 3b?
      River / good push?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LinasMilius
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

Best Regards.
      pre: I'm not big fan of folding, investing 1bb and folding for 2bb's, i know the reasoning for fold, in this situation pre was very strange in that case i see people having strong holdings, i'm not aiming for Txx, this was something close to set mining.

What's more important for me is to hear what you think about my game after the flop:

Flop / good call?
      Turn / good 3b?
      River / good push?
      Read again mate. :P I didn't write anything about preflop play.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      ups i'm sorry for that :s_o: , still there's one part i cant get out of my head, my river bet. There's an argument that on paired board, it's likely some one having FH, but at the same time i feel like my straight is to strong just for ck. I was thinking a lot if i had 8A in that situation, i most likely have played the same, and straight is way stronger. What you think about situations, then the hand your holding on river is to week to bet, but to strong to ck?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LinasMilius
      ups i'm sorry for that :s_o: , still there's one part i cant get out of my head, my river bet. There's an argument that on paired board, it's likely some one having FH, but at the same time i feel like my straight is to strong just for ck. I was thinking a lot if i had 8A in that situation, i most likely have played the same, and straight is way stronger. What you think about situations, then the hand your holding on river is to week to bet, but to strong to ck?
      As I described you made already mistake earlier. If you go that far you have to answer yourself that part, I don't really know how the guys playing. But usually I don't see himself being far-far ahead here. :)