[NL2-NL10] NL2 zoom Q2s flush BB

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.11 (55.5 bb)
      SB: $5.10 (255 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.09 (104.5 bb)
      UTG: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
      MP: $1.94 (97 bb)
      CO: $1.17 (58.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q 2
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.06) K 8 T (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, MP calls $0.04, SB calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.18) 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, MP folds, SB raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.24

River: ($0.94) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.65 and is all-in, SB calls $1.65

Results:
      $4.24 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: K 8 T 5 6
      SB showed 3 A and won $4.09 ($2 net)
      Hero showed Q 2 and lost (-$2.09 net)

What to do on the turn? c/r from him seems pretty strong and looks like completing flush but I guess I am never folding here because he may have a lot of worse flushes but I thought maybe he is c/raising for protection set/2p and didn't want to scare him off because I look super strong and allow him to valuetown himself on the river. Maybe we can add some pair+FD hands in his range. But probably I am overrating NL2 players that probably doesnt fold 2p+ here. On the river it looks weird because wtf is he checking here what he c/raised on turn besides busted FD. I shove to hope to see sets/2p calling. My thoughts are really messed up, sorry.
  • 2 replies
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      Any reads on the villains?

I would check behind on the flop on this multi-way pot.

Against unknown, the turn raise is rarely a bluff, so I'd fold here.

As played, check behind on the river. What worse hand do you think are going to call your shove with 3 clubs on the board? Sets and 2p? I don't think so.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Huseens,

You must still understand that it's just a freeplay pot. So you might not even see a lot worse hands there. K high/A high beats you there and not that many worse flushes possible. I'd most likely instead at the best just Call the turn and reevaluate the river. But shoving like that is definitely rather overplayed, you wont see a lot of worse hands calling you there.

Best Regards.