Poker Tracker 4 any good ?

• 23 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      It's great, it's so much faster than HM2, it loads up faster, it uses less RAM, it doesn't slow you computer down.
      It has a lot more cool features, creating the HUD and editing it is easier.
      I was using it through the whole beta and never had any problems, just don't have the cash or I would snap buy it.
      It has a trial you can try.
      HM2 does look more pretty, but for me it's performance over visual.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      It is the only mainstream HUD that works on a Mac.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      I find pt3 simpler and very user friendly
      Don't use pt4 though I have it installe

And it is slower than pt3
    • YaMIzNoGouD
      YaMIzNoGouD
      Bronze
      I just bought PT4 yesterday and i can definitely say it's better than HM2.

Reasons why
      - Faster than HM2
      - Good customer support with friendly mods on the forum
      - User Friendly
      - Supports most sites
      - No or less bugs than HM2 as far as i know
      - Has Note Tracker
      - Has Table Tracker

I hope this helps in choosing a poker tracking software.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      You can download both HM2 anf PT4 for free trial. If you take maximum advantage of the free trial periods it may be better to take HM2 first. The PT4 installation process can convert HM2 databases. I'm not sure it works the other way around, at least not yet since PT4 is fairly new.

What you prefer and what is good for is up to you to decide. When it comes to underlying software quality there can be no debate. PT4 is good and HM2 is awful. It's as simple as that. Had the release dates of PT4 and HM2 been reversed, then HM2 would have been a dead horse. Now HM2 have endorsements from e.g. PokerStrategy and a secure place in the market. That doesn't make it a good piece of software.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • vergato
      vergato
      Bronze
      Yes definitely PT4 > HM2.

There is just no point to waste money on HM2. If you prefer Holdem Manager, use the first one.
    • Muttley66
      Muttley66
      Bronze
      Hi Community,

Thanks for all your replies so far (please keep them coming).

Really appreciate your feedback on this.

Regards
      Muttley66
    • martins1337
      martins1337
      Bronze
      I was thinking of buying HM2, but now it looks like PT4 would be better.
      was trying both and automatic note taking in pt4 is better.
      Is table tracker is free for PT4 (at beta it had only 30 searches)? or is it like HM2, where you have to buy it?
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      What the heck is this? Upgrade from PT3 to PT4 isn't free?

I was looking around the site, but could find nothing about the subject. I was able to upgrade from PT3 full to PT4 Small Stakes, however. Do I need to pay to obtain PT4 full?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tunatic
      What the heck is this? Upgrade from PT3 to PT4 isn't free?

I was looking around the site, but could find nothing about the subject. I was able to upgrade from PT3 full to PT4 Small Stakes, however. Do I need to pay to obtain PT4 full?
      There's a whole FAQ on that.
      https://www.pokertracker.com/faq/PT4/purchase-upgrading

If you aren't sure what applies to you just contact support and they'll tell you.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      worth every cent.

don't buy that piece of crap hem2. i got dupped :(
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Even though it is faster and has less bugs, I still don't like it over HM2, not sure why, but I can't really get used to PT :(
    • J0natansonn
      J0natansonn
      Bronze
      [edited by fruktpuff]
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Being a PT3 fan, I don't really like PT4, it feels more like HM rather than PT3 and PT3 is still faster.
      And (to me) PT4 was slightly off about my cash winnings which I'm kinda ocd about.
      I never liked HM1 and as I hear HM2 still has unsolved issues so I'm sticking with PT3.

Too bad PT3 development is abandoned - except for obvious compatibility updates.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi J0natansonn,

Selling licences is against EULA of the software provider, as well as us not allowing peer-to-peer transactions, please refrain from posting similar things in the future.

Regards,
      Richard
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Well...in my opinion HM2 is SIGNIFACANTLY slower...I´m waiting on every click. And even thought HUD is nise and fast...I think that I bought HM2 a bit too early :( Luckily PT4 offered me a big discount because I already bought PT3 in the past.
    • occipital
      occipital
      Bronze
      Tried both trials and I prefer PT4 by far. PT3 was more user friendly though.

A little bit off topic. The automated note tracker of PT4, it works well on the Ongame network but it doesn´t seem to work while playing zoom on stars. Am I doing something wrong?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      How about the apps on both the softwares. Note caddy premium vs. note tracker, leak tracker vs. leak buster etc., which has better apps?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      How about the apps on both the softwares. Note caddy premium vs. note tracker, leak tracker vs. leak buster etc., which has better apps?
      PT4 has no apps so I'm not sure what you want to compare. All of that stuff is built in. You can buy Leak Buster for PT4 if you so desire.