Hi there

• aleqqqs
      aleqqqs
      Bronze
      hi everybody,

im not really new at pokerstrategy, but its my first post in this board :-P

i have started playing with the short stack strategy and did well so far.

now because of the higher limits, i am constantly running out of tables since most poker rooms prohibit leaving a table and coming back with less chips within a certain time.

because of that, i decided to switch to the big stack strategy.

your bankroll management for BSS says:

Step 1: NL $0.02/$0.04

Move up to step 2: $200

Step 2: NL $0.05/$0.10

Move up to step 3: $500
      Move down to step 1: $100

Step 3: NL $0.10/$0.25

Move up to step 4: $1250
      Move down to step 2: $200

Step 4: NL $0.25/$0.50

Move down to step 3: $500

Once you arrived here, it's up to you when you are going to move up to the higher limit.
      well, the bankroll i built up by playing short stacked is way bigger than 500 dollars, so im not sure on which limit to begin.

if fear if i play on the limit which i have 20 stacks from, players might be too good for me and i could lose much money because im not used to the turn and river play yet.

on the other hand, i dont wanna play on a too low limit because it would be just bored.

i'd be grateful for any advices!

bye,

alex
  • 8 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi aleqqqs

If you are new to BSS and have 500 Dollars i suggest to start at NL10. Learn the strategy by reading articles, get experience, post sample hands in our hand posting forum, get a feeling how to play and then move up with 30 stacks for Nl25. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • aleqqqs
      aleqqqs
      Bronze
      thank you,

actually i dont have 500 dollars, i have made a few thousand dollars playing short stacked.

in the last weeks i have mostly played NL400, and switching to NL10, even with a big stack, feels a little like switching to play money tables.

i have read all articles (silver and below, and some of the gold) about BSS, most of them at least twice and i can calculate with odds and pot odds, although it sometimes takes me too long and i'm in a hurry not to time out.

its just that i have almost no practice so far.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hello again aleqqqs

Good to see, that you had that much success with the SSS. You are a good example, that this strategy actually works. I can understand, that NL10 feels like playmoney. But it's just to get used to it and practise the basic strategies.
      Have you visited our coachings? I can recommend take a look at our videos. They might help you starting off with BSS. Keep us informed about your progress.

Greetings,
      TribunCaesar
    • aleqqqs
      aleqqqs
      Bronze
      right, i watched all SSS videos so far, i'll start right now with the BSS videos.

i've never visited a coaching so far... i dont even know exactly how this works because i guess i cant see the coaches cards, can i?

i'll look into this soon

thanks for your help!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aleqqqs
      right, i watched all SSS videos so far, i'll start right now with the BSS videos.

i've never visited a coaching so far... i dont even know exactly how this works because i guess i cant see the coaches cards, can i?

i'll look into this soon

thanks for your help!
      Hey alleqqqs,

You cannot see the coaches cards, but the coach announces what hands he is playing during the coaching and discusses them with the users. He will also answer any other general questions you might have.

For guide on the coachings go here coaching schedule

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • xCR4ZEDx
      xCR4ZEDx
      Basic
      is it safe fre me to send this website my id?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      If you mean pokerstrategy, then yes its 100% safe.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hi aleqqqs,

No matter what your bankroll is, you should understand, that you will make some mistakes and the beginning. Bss is way more complex strategy, so its natural. So why would you pay double price for your experience?
      I recommend to start from NL 10 and play like 10-15k just to get an idea.
      As soon as you feel confident move up...
      It will take you time to adjust your skills)

good luck !