Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($49.25) 99bb
      CO ($48.85) 98bb
      BTN ($152.35) 305bb
      SB ($17.55) 35bb
      cincinkid (BB) ($61.95) 124bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) cincinkid is BB K A
      2 folds, BTN bets $1.50, 1 fold, cincinkid raises to $4.25, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: 6 K 9 ($9.75, 2 players)
      cincinkid bets $6, BTN calls $6

Turn: 3 ($21.75, 2 players)
      cincinkid bets $14, BTN goes all-in $141.60, cincinkid goes all-in $37.20

He has a very wide range and there are a lot of draws possible so i bet for protection.
      Since i don't have much left and i think he could still semibluff here i called.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Preflop: Why do you 3bet so small? You are even giving decent odds to set mine vs you. :D

As played
      Postflop: As said above, you rather made a mistake with your 3bet size, you even gave him good odds to set mine vs you. Him having a higher W$SD overall might be a reason to think that he will rarely have pure semi-bluffs there. More towards at the best K:cX. I'd Bet/Fold it even as played this way.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Why do you 3bet so small? You are even giving decent odds to set mine vs you. :D
      Since I'm in the BB i raise to 4,75, which is still small.
      In this situation, we are deeper though and he will call my 3B more often so a bigger size should be better.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Chocular, what did he have?

Veriz, don't you think villain's range could be very wide here? Just look at his foldto3bet... And vs this size he will call even looser. That migt be a reason to call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

Veriz, don't you think villain's range could be very wide here? Just look at his foldto3bet... And vs this size he will call even looser. That migt be a reason to call?
      By very wide what do you mean? With his higher W$SD I doubt that it's going to be "very wide". Gimme the range you think he goes broke there with his W$SD, especially when seen Flop as well.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

By very wide what do you mean? With his higher W$SD I doubt that it's going to be "very wide". Gimme the range you think he goes broke there with his W$SD, especially when seen Flop as well.
      Well by 'very wide' I mean not only valuehands but also bluffs. Maybe even A :spade: J :heart: which decided to float and thinks he has FE now.

The only realistic hands that have us beat:
      AKs (only AKs, I discount AKo because AK will mostly get it in pre)
      K9s (because of our small 3bet and his low foldto3bet it's possible).
      AA (1combo)
      KK (1combo)

-> This equils ONLY 12 combo's which is only 1.11% of all hands.

The range he calls the 3bet with is probably 25% of all hands... So you see that it's only a really small part of it that can do this for value.

I think all this makes logic :)