[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - JJ

• LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      NOTE: MP1 is 100/60, he x10 pre with 22, just giving money away / i could just fold the flop, but my hand is to strong for hes range? i dont like the push, but i hate fold more in this spot.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+2: $1.53 (76.5 bb)
      MP1: $6.29 (314.5 bb)
      MP2: $1.12 (56 bb)
      MP3: $1.63 (81.5 bb)
      CO: $2.33 (116.5 bb)
      BTN: $5 (250 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.11 (105.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.18, 2 folds, CO calls $0.18, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.17, BB folds

Flop: ($0.56) T T 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.26, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.93 and is all-in, MP1 calls $1.67, CO folds

Turn: ($5.02) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($5.02) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $5.02 pot ($0.18 rake)
      Final Board: T T 4 3 8
      MP1 showed 4 4 and won $4.84 ($2.73 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.78 net)
      Hero showed J J and lost (-$2.11 net)
  • 4 replies
    • Friedric
      Friedric
      Bronze
      I would stack off this JJ pre, you had note that he open 22 with 10bb, make a use of it. He can have smaller pairs, broadways or something, that's a fish, spots like this one will be always profitable
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LinasMilius,

Preflop: Then 3bet it for value if you have such notes. :)

As played
      Postflop: Well, but you ain't only against MP there, you are also against CO. I'd fold it here instead of playing for the stacks.

Best Regards.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Pre - after the agro fish MP, there was lose passive CO who also loves to cc, with the amount of betting pre, i just felt like i'm going to get invested big portion of my stack - get cc in 2 to spots, and be on very hard decision on flop, knowing how they pay there's very high chance of both of them cc my 3b, maybe that scared me little, made me want to play it safe.

Flop - it's rare imo for CO to just cc with QQ/KK/AA, knowing how extremely loose the MP is. On TTx i do think MP would call push with 55+/AJ+. Knowing that MP is going to donk hes stack in upcoming 5/10 mins, is really that smart to fold JJ on TTx, we can always look for better spots, but having all the data is it really that bad of a push?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LinasMilius
      Pre - after the agro fish MP, there was lose passive CO who also loves to cc, with the amount of betting pre, i just felt like i'm going to get invested big portion of my stack - get cc in 2 to spots, and be on very hard decision on flop, knowing how they pay there's very high chance of both of them cc my 3b, maybe that scared me little, made me want to play it safe.

Flop - it's rare imo for CO to just cc with QQ/KK/AA, knowing how extremely loose the MP is. On TTx i do think MP would call push with 55+/AJ+. Knowing that MP is going to donk hes stack in upcoming 5/10 mins, is really that smart to fold JJ on TTx, we can always look for better spots, but having all the data is it really that bad of a push?
      Well, you invested and even lost a portion of your stack cause you just couldn't lay down your hand.

Why would we even talk about CO range being QQ/KK/AA here? Why none of the Tx hands which he could easily have there. So nope, the push isn't satisfied and you most likely ain't earning profit in long run here.