[NL20-NL50] NL50sh A5s

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Villain is a new reg I have no reads on. Dont know how does he react to 3bets and how wide is he calling.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($49.50)
      BB ($51.43)
      UTG ($67.01)
      UTG+1 ($73.73)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($53.07)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, fold, BTN calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.50) 2:club: 8:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $5.25, BTN raises to $12, Hero ?????

His raise on the flop makes very little sense, maybe JJ raises scared of overcards, I dont think any set would raise here, maybe he defends T8s and raises that. Would this be an ok spot to bluff3bet flop, or maybe call flop and jam over his turn bet?

Or is it better to get some more info how he plays 3bet pots before playing back here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jachis,

Well, whatever information you had by that time. Usually such raises don't make much of sense but we can't exclude neither even Tx hands from his range whilst he could still Call with some of them preflop. 3betting might be too much money consuming on the flop while you get easily even hit something on the turn or he might even give up there. Which means I'd at the best consider just Calling and reevaluating it on the turn, safest option of course is just to leave the pot alone and wait for better spot.

Best Regards.