Sit n Go with tight aggressive opponents

• FarligeJohn
      FarligeJohn
      Bronze
      So I played this sit n go tournament yesterday, and found that the table was generally tight at the beginning. I know the rule about playing opposite to your opponents, but playing loose is not my favored style. What is the best stradegy in this situation? I tried playing my normal game (tight-aggressive squared) and I finished first, but with a couple of risky bets. Any tips and tricks?
  • 3 replies
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Hey John I 'm quite sure that there are any tricks and why would you need help when you won it! Did you miss some spots?

My suggestion to you is to go to play money and try to loosen up your range. What level do you play? You only say TAG squared so does that mean you are a nit? What is your vpip/pfr!

I find that people think they are one style but aren't necessarily completely that. For instance I used to think I was TAG with a 12/7 vpip/pfr until it was pointed out that I can open my range in the right spots and now I am 16/12 and even more profitable.

Whatever your true style, I would be looking at my games and reviewing where I may have missed certain +ev spots. What is your itm% and over what sample size?

Cowboy
    • FarligeJohn
      FarligeJohn
      Bronze
      Hey Cowboy! I'm terribly sorry, but I don't understand all your abbreviations. I certainly know that I can open up my range, but I think I need to know more about it (if you know what I mean).
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      TAG = Tight Aggressive
      Vpip= Voluntarily Put $ Into Pot
      Pfr = Post-flop raise
      +ev = + Expected value (how much $ or chips a hand can earn)
      ITM% = Into The Money % (what is your percentage for making it into the money? 1st, 2nd and 3rd)

When playing against a TAG opponent, I would go for the trapping style. Since they are aggressive, they will do the betting for you. When you flop trips with an ace on the flop, let the TAG do the betting for you, but be aware of how "wet" or "dry" the board is too. In addition respect their all ins, especially if they have a Vpip and PFR or 10/2 (or something like that).

There's more I can add, but I tried typing it down on this post and it made no sense.

Take Care,

MB