[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 40 AJo trying to get max value with TP vs UTG range

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.20/$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $85 (212.5 bb)
      UTG: $46.11 (115.3 bb)
      MP: $40.47 (101.2 bb)
      CO: $65.15 (162.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $57.01 (142.5 bb)
      SB: $117.61 (294 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A J
      CO posts BB OOP, UTG raises to $1.20, MP folds, CO calls $0.80, Hero calls $1.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.20) A 9 3 (3 players)
      UTG bets $2.60, CO folds, Hero calls $2.60

Turn: ($9.40) 5 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($9.40) J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $7.80, UTG calls $7.80

Results:
      $25 pot ($1.06 rake)
      Final Board: A 9 3 5 J
      UTG mucked 4 4 and lost (-$11.60 net)
      Hero showed A J and won $23.94 ($12.34 net)

I tried to take an obvious "bluff" line here trying to make villain to call me with very wide range and it work (hence the big sizing on the river).

Do you think this line is more profitable than betting T & R ourselves?

+we avoid getting x/r by his sets/2p (which I think would be pretty good to take if he thinks we float him often)
      +we make him call us with very wide range on the river
      -we lose value vs KK,QQ, lower ace hands if he decides to x/c them twice

Btw with CO being a loose passive fish and UTG opening 22%(maybe wider here because of the fish) I think we should squeeze here.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Squeeze it, calling and playing the hand being in multiway pot is way too marginal and our hand isn't doing very good. Especially vs UTG range.

As played
      Postflop: Both options are fine, although then I'd most likely bet it near pot size on the river. Sometimes even overbet cause if he has a made hand he is willing to Call.

Best Regards.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Since villain opens 22% from UTG and possibly wider because of the fish I also preffer squeezing, but calling is also fine.

Villain also cbets a lot and this is a board where he cbets almost always, so when he doesnt barrel the turn I think his either folding or going into ch/c mode, I doubt his ch/r AK or AQ here, so you can value town all his worse Ax hands and other stuff he decides to bluffcatch with.

Also dont you think that more obvious bluffline is betting the turn, since thats what you do whan you actually float?

Also are you floating a lot so you expect villain to play back at your floats? If not, it think you can super easily fold to a c/r and just bet turn, bet river.