This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH Zoom] AKo oop 3bet

• tolari
      tolari
      Black
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Graj rękę

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $142.49
      SB (Hero):
      $102.40
      BB:
      $50.24
      MP2:
      $56.12
      MP3:
      $84.19
      CO:
      $75.28

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5.00, BB folds, MP2 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.5) Q, K, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

Turn: ($21.5) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $19.00, Hero raises to $51.00, MP2 calls $26.62.

River: ($118.12) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $118.12.

pre: I decide to 3bet/broke, he is folding way to rarely for 3betts, I expect him to 4bet alot worse hands and flat some SC/low pp probably

flop: he folds to cbet a decent amount of time, if I bet he will stay in hand only with better, but I don't give him a lot sets on this board,

I think this board doesn't really hit him.

turn: well I got lost and kinda panic shoved I think, assuming that after such bet he will rarely bluff river and that he might have some fd, I am not really happy with this hand, whats your pla?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tolari,

Preflop: Do you really assume that to be true in that case while he is on UTG? I rarely doubt so. Especially it being ZOOM poker not normal tables.

As played
      Postflop: He ain't even that aggressive, nor I don't see many hands what he bluffs there. :) Whatever draw would most likely just Check it behind and stronger hands would Bet it for protection. QQ/KQ got there, so from what do you get value from? Not sure if that kind of guy will have even many KJ hands there in his range.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      It's not really clear for me what to do veriz .. :(

1) Would you just call preflop?

2) Would you check/call, check/fold or bet/fold the flop?

3) As played is the turn a std Ch/f I guess

4) Let's say we bet the flop and he calls, do we bet the turn?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Advise BTN
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Would you just call preflop?

Depends a lot on the opponent and how bad I see him, we could as well 3bet for value with specific information.

2) Would you check/call, check/fold or bet/fold the flop?

Being PFA I'd Check/Call and let him bluff with weaker hands, we don't get called many streets from a lot worse.

3) As played is the turn a std Ch/f I guess

Against such a guy most likely this should be the case. As I mentioned in the evaluation. :P

4) Let's say we bet the flop and he calls, do we bet the turn?

Exactly, we don't know what to do cause nothing worse Calls and turning into bluff-catcher vs passive guy is also maybe too expensive and instead just turn into bluff-catcher right on the flop whilst he will very often Check behind the turn with weaker hands and even draws.