[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #46 05.08.12

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from August 5th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, August 12th at 1 PM GMT.

[quote]PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $2.00
      MP: $0.76
      CO: $5.71
      BTN: $0.82
      SB: $2.00
      Hero (BB): $1.91
      UTG: $1.80

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.03

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has J:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, CO checks, BTN raises to $0.08, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold

Flop: ($0.20, 2 players) 6:heart: Q:club: J:heart:
      Hero bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.40, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets $0.26, BTN calls $0.26

River: ($0.92, 2 players) 7:diamond:
  • 9 replies
    • holmeboy
      Rebuy up to 100bb

Bet more on flop ~0.15

Bet Turn ~0.35

Put him allin river.
    • jules97
      I'd bet flop more 2/3 pot ore more

and 1/2 pot turn, enough to have him allin on river.
    • BadeaCelRau
      First we need to know if opponent is fish or msser. If he is msser I don't like the call preflop. Postflop I'd go for check-raise if the player has a decent cbet, otherwise bet more and of course it's bet/bet/bet. Unfotunately 89 beats us on the river but it's the only draw which got there and he made enough mistakes already.
    • EinsteinFranck
      Nothing more to say but this: board drawy so I'd take the lead since most of reg wouldn't cbet on this (in my limits at least).

Ch/raise against those kind of crazy people you can find in micro with cbet close to 90%

Bet sizing is good for me. Maybe bet a bit bigger for protection, around 30c. Btn has a huge range for me. He could have some improbable hands that can outdraw us.

I don't really see what call a shove on this river but better sets and 89s (or overplaye). Bet/fold for me with the current sizing against reg/passive players. Bet/call if Villain has barrely more than the pot or if Villain is aggro.
    • jimmy21492
      First of all you should have auto rebuy to max on

flop:bet bigger like 0,16

turn:bet bigger 0,34

river:value bet of about 1/2 pot
    • DeMarcohsp

I'd just assume that villain is fish, having a 40bb stack on NL 2 is prolly going to be a fish much much more often that reg.

Given that:

preflop Clear fold imo, we would get in trouble with this hand when we flop a pair, we don't know what kind of isolating range a fish has, usually it's pretty tight.

postflop Continuing my assumption that he is a fish I'd bet close to pot flop & turn leaving me with a tiny bet on the river which I don't mind vs a fish. I would not like to scare him with an overbet on the turn.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      I am not sure if call preflop is good. BTN is short, only CO is deep, but also we don't have position on him. Also CO posted dead blind so he has random hand, and we don't have much implied odds. So need to be sure how we make BTN to fold post flop, but there is no any info about him. I fold preflop.

Flop bet more - 3/4 at least for value.

Turn also bet more.

River push.
    • cufc37
      I agree with those that say that this is a fold preflop. Against an unknown player of this stack size, I doubt that it's profitable to call here even with the posted blinds. More often than not we're going to miss and OOP having to check fold. Even if BTN were fully stacked, there aren't great implieds vs a BTN range and CO has shown no strength with his check. Therefore we're basically just cold calling with Q high.

I agree with leading out on this board and as most have suggested, I'd bet bigger on the flop and the turn, and just get it in on the river. The only completed draw I can see him showing up with is 8h9h, and other than that we're only behind a set. We can be called by Qx, worse 2 pairs and if he's fishy enough Jx.
    • veriz
      Hello everyone,

Preflop: We can't already Call here cause he has a low stack. Which means we will have hard time playing such a hand profitable enough by calling. We might even be more often dominated.

As played
      Postflop: We should have Bet the flop bigger and vs his stack just shove the turn. :) If we go that far with our plan then I'd rather shove the river instead of Check and induce him to Bet, most likely a looser not even good player wont be bluffing.

Best Regards.