$62.54
      MP2:
      $319.73
      MP3:
      $50.75
      CO:
      $28.71

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP2 raises to $1.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $4.25.

Flop: ($11.5) Q, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $6.58, Hero calls $6.58.

Turn: ($24.66) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $17.55, Hero calls $17.55.

River: ($59.76) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $62.28, MP2 calls $62.28.

Final Pot: $184.32.

flop: I am lost from the beginning, maybe I shouldn't play so much while being deep. I hated the idea of bet folding coz I think we had some dynamics and I was 99% sure he will try to bluff me out at some point

turn: his sizing got bigger and I got even more confused

river: my thoughts - if he has TT f*ck him, he won't bet a set on that river - I am pushing.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tolari,

Turn: But how can you Call the turn? His range hardcore has you beat there, whatever his calling range looks like. Most of range is going to be broadways and they have hit. Which means Check/Fold the turn. Even AT is possible.

As played
      River: Hit one of the very few miracle cards on the deck but even though it's not always going to be an out for you. :) Cause he could already have already earlier a straight.

From the hands I took a look it seems that you have serious leveling problem, you are trying to play in every pot where you can and thinking that everyone is trying to bluff you. This makes you lose tons of money, especially in ZOOM poker where opponents are just waiting for a hand and abuse you.

Best Regards.
    • tolari
      tolari
      Black
      I am well aware of this, getting a bit paranoid way too often - thats why I post such hands to read where I make mistakes over and over again hoping that after XXX'th hand I'll stop doing them or at lower frequency:)

Believe it or not it really helps!

My problem is I love to bluffcatch, it's more a mindset problem - I mean it's a great feeling to catch someone doing something shady, in the moment of decision whether to call or fold, on some subconscious level I (too often) want to call and therefore look for gazilions of reasons why he is/might be bluffing or whether his line makes sense, and if it doesn't I also call.

It's like in my mind the benefit from catching vil bluffing is bigger than the loss if he is valuetowning me. I know it is illogical but it's hard to always be on guard:D

I have too add a new sticker on my screen - think in ranges not if he is bluffing 33% of the time. (thats the first question I ask myself before calling - is he bluffing often enough to justify the call)

And also very often I call them in spots where I would bluff.

all in all my call eff. on river is 1,8 so 0,2 too low from what I've heard it should be, so this is an aspect I am constantly trying to improve.

in this hand turn play is extremely bad and I saw it very clearly right after clicking call;)

thanks again ;)

best regards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I believe you cause it also helped me. :) The more dumb hands I posted the more you also start to think with criticism.

Well, try to just see some of your filters and how you do with those bluff-catcher. With your style and just from few hands I am pretty sure you have huge leaks there. Can for example even start just calling 3bet pots. :) If it's a leak then most likely you know from where to start, but it's usually the major leak for a lot of grinders.

Making stickers on monitor is a good idea, do that, it will work. :D
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      1) Shouldn't we bet the flop ourselves?
      2) If we bet the flop, should we still ch/f the turn?
      3) What would you do on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      1) Shouldn't we bet the flop ourselves?
      2) If we bet the flop, should we still ch/f the turn?
      You answered kinda yourself with 2nd question to 1st. :D If we Bet the flop then we can't really Check/Fold it cause then we are betting for value. But from how many do we get value from?

3) What would you do on the river?

Shove it of course if we went that far vs worse sets. But I wouldn't myself there. :D