Live thread for step 6 WSOP quali at Stars

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hello all,

At the moment i have 215$ ticket in the wsop quali steps at Stars that i cant cash. :(

I guess you have to use these in the next steps.

My question is there are 2 players from the same location (Gillbert) one has a net profit of 160k "jorj95" and the other "QuasiFiction" 600k. They both keep jumping into the only step four 215$ quali when it pops up. I'm afraid they are in communication with one another or in the same room or semi teaming up.

Should I wait for another day? {edit} yes I'll wait
  • 61 replies
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      or does anyone else have one of these tickets so we can team up on them :)
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      If you find anything suspicious you might want to advise Stars support. Maybe you are wrong but maybe you are right.

Yesterday at Mansion (this is true), 2 french dude where telling each other when to call or fold they were clearly friends and where bullying the table. they are a bit stupid of having use the software chat. they were telling everything except their card (maybe they did on MSN or something).

I advise Mansion support, who asked me, their name and the table name and that they will take the appropriate actions.

they will investigate this situation and its up to them...

You know, it could be 2 brothers, or really 2 people that dont know each other. Just strange that they both come from gilbert grinding the same table. Heck, it could be the same dude playing 2 PC at one time. Like that dude that won the COOP Main event on stars then got disqualified for multible account (JJprodigy I think his primary one was).

* I know my english sucks... but hey... :rolleyes:
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      english is fine :)

Yah its suspicious only because they dont play by them selves only together at the 215$ step four quali. I have been watching their tables and i think i can beat them. They are ultra tight but one did go all in on a OESD and lost of course. My only worry is if those 2 are in the last four at the table they will have the advantage. I do think they are smart it is the best way to get WSOP tickets. But man they are spending at least 2k each an hour.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      yes they are working the tables. :( cant wait untill they leave. They are always getting into the pot in late stages and checking down the small stacks. it almost back fired but they both won 700$ tickets and they keep winning them. And they keep entering the 215$ :(
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      you can see them on WSOP 4, 5, 6.

well.. Maybe wait in the early morning or something if you dont want to try them
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      yah thats what i decided to do. I hope they arent camped at those tables.

How fishy is that they both stop entering at the same time. They are still playing at their tables.

I think I'll still wait i cant push my luck i did win 3 back to back so...
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      they are insanely good players.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Hey Cardbender,

Those players don't cheat, they just play way too much and they're vey good :P jorj95 was the first Supernova Elite this year for example and he also was Supernova Elite last year. They know how to play very well as they played like a million of them already, just wait untill there are no sharks.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      being from the same location doesn't mean they're colluding. I know of quite a few "high" stakes players who live together, and if there's only one WSOP step table at a time, then they'll both be on it (they're very profitable for them)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      QuasiFiction usually plays around 25+ tables at a time and joints pretty much any high level tournament he can find - so its no surprise he is constantly on the same table as the other guy who is a permagrinding supernova elite :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      yah im glad i watched them play and checked out there stats before i jumped in.

They were some what working together but i guess there is no rule about squeezing people out of tables.

How do you guys know about these players? did you check them out or did you play them before?

They are gone now so im going to test my luck.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      If you google their nicknames you should get quite a few results :)

jorj95 caused quite the commotion the beginning of this year by managing to hit SuperNova Elite in just 2 months of playing (which is quite sick considering you need 1 Million VPP for this) :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      He cheated though :D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      im @ step 5 now (700$ ticket) 18 player between me and WSOP

oh and if they do team up they will have an advantage to get cash and fpp's.

I doubt they are the same guy. but you never know.....
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      im @ step 5 now (700$ ticket) 18 player between me and WSOP

oh and if they do team up they will have an advantage to get cash and fpp's.

I doubt they are the same guy. but you never know.....
      Oha good luck Cardbender!!

Hope you manage to haul in the win :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I'm off to class but when i make the 6th step today I'll let you guys know, if you want to watch when i play.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      I'm off to class but when i make the 6th step today I'll let you guys know, if you want to watch when i play.
      Sure thing, i'm sure a lot of the community would be cheering you on if they have time :)

Although considering time zone differences I'm not sure I'll be on when you get back :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      ok so i did it :) took em all down now im in the final step 6. (2,100$) ticket. there were 4-5 pros at the table I was so nervous i was shaking at the start lol.

I'm going to sit back and think when im going to play the final. Maybe tommorrow or today I'll have to think about it.

I'm happy anyway even if i dont win anything these have been the highest stake tables and players i have ever played at or against.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      gratz