$2.94
      SB:
      $3.20
      BB:
      $2.07
      UTG1:
      $1.78

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 4, J, 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) T (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.27, Hero raises to $0.74, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.7.

I found the flop so dry that I decided to gently flat call in position with my nuts. I'd have raise any turn. I didn't fear a 5, 6 or T. Not really. Some cards could even increase the action as an A, a K. I'm basically playing WAWB. I raised so few since it already commits Villain. Even KdQd only have 30% of equity and would call river if a K or a Q would appear.

What do you think about this slowplay? Do I give up values against overpair and smaller sets? I'm assuming that my raise turn will anyway take the value from those sets.
  • 2 replies
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I could have done this the same way, but I to have my doubts this is a good idea on this limit, I find they mostly fold anyways to the bet on turn, which we in essence kinda have to defend.
      So waiting for a reply from the coach as well :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

if my image is bad and player is good then I think raising flop would be very good play- they would not really going to b/f their overpairs and would sometimes play back (since you represent nothing by your flop raise- everyone expect you to slowplay on the flop). Since turn raise are consider always stronger and JT/straight got there I think he would likely fold his overpairs- if you want to raise, then make it 0.65$- that does not seem that strong and are likely get called a lot wider range.

best regards,