This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Tt

• EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $4.03
      MP3:
      $2.15
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.02
      SB:
      $0.62
      BB:
      $1.98
      UTG1:
      $2.02
      UTG2:
      $2.03
      MP1:
      $1.14

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, CO folds, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.27) K, 3, 9 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.16, UTG2 calls $0.16, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.59) A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.28, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

preflop

Initial raise from early position from a LAG that plays correctly but isn't either a poker stratege. He has been trying to make moves on me the last hands, starting to defend blinds and 3bet more often.
      I just call. I don't wanna outplay my TT and Villain has been too much active with me. If I 3bet, I'll have to shove/bluff since I don't really do it for value.

flop

Villain checks. This flop is really terrible for me and I estimate the last player would have bet anything that hit here but TPTK. I think I have a window and make a move. But Villain calls

turn
      ...and donks half pot. I don't know what to think and fold. I put him on a hand pair + FD or better. I don't see him folding often his line. Our history went into account.

I've 1,5 k hands with him but didn't have access to it when I played. I can post it anyway if someone feels like deep analyzing with me.

Final Pot: $0.59.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think pf call is fine, but with JJ I would personally prefer 3-betting against LAG and playing for stacks- he would very likely get all-in pre-flop with TT and sometimes 4-bet bluffing (+ very often call with worse hands), that makes 3-bet/shove profitable.

Postflop I would also prefer taking one stab and then checking it down. You often have the best hand, but since you can´t call any reasonable bet I think trying take pot down is fine. I think you can´t really do anything else than folding turn- you´re not ahead enough times to make there profitable call- he has there sometimes Asx hands and even if he decides to bluff with JJs/QQs then you´re still drawing to 1 out

best regards,