This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH Zoom. K7o on BB 2 limpers.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $5.00
      SB: $5.24
      Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $5.57
      MP: $11.54
      CO: $8.59

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with 7 :diamond: K :spade:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, 1 fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.15) T :club: 9 :diamond: 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.05, SB calls $0.05, Hero folds

Turn: ($0.25) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, CO checks

River: ($0.25) 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30

This is my standard line with quite a large number of hands that I don't want to play out of position. I guess this is really a range and move question;

1) What range do you ISO with here.

2) Are you ever making a move (you can consider opponent types) in this spot with a hand like K7o.

If we have a certain sort of opponent it seems to me that it may be profitable to make some "move" here, by for example, making a minraise which 'entitles' you or in other words makes it easier for you to take down the pot postflop with a cbet.

For the record, I'm definately not a fan of betting postflop as in my experience people will call with a little piece of anything and hand strength changes in a really weird way.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

being oop I would raise JTs+, 66+, QT+- ip my isolation raise would likely be 40%-50% (basically any hands that would open on the BU if it would folded to me)- on that coordinated board it is better just to c/f. If board were 24Tss then I think leading or c/r would be better option, but here there are just too many hands that would not like to fold

best regards,
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      nice, so you don't raise pre but do attack some freeplay boards that come down. Good to know!