why $0.10/$0.20 is better than playing at $0.05/$0.10

• RunbytheRiver
      RunbytheRiver
      Global
      I know some people may not agree with this, since it goes against proper BRM, but I find SSS much much much more effective at the NL20 tables. I think its because there are too many people also playing tight SSS on the NL10 tables. The NL 20 tables are full of fish too, but less people are playing SSS on them.
      I played about 500 hands at NL10, and turned the $50 into $63... then I just wanted to try a couple hands at the higher limit. Now over the next 200 hands I have turned the $63 into $85 playing the higher limit.
      Playing the lower limit, it took much longer for people to call me, since they were playing tight, but on the higher limit, people call more often with crappier cards...
  • 3 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Just don`t get burnt. Its a myth that at higher limits its easier to win. It`s not.

And your sample size is waaaaaaaay too small to tell anything. 200 hands is like 1h of play on 3-4 tables. So you want to judge limit after 1h of play? Better stick to proper bankroll management and listen to what PS tell... or just don`t come crying after you lost your whole roll.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RunbytheRiver
      Playing the lower limit, it took much longer for people to call me, since they were playing tight, but on the higher limit, people call more often with crappier cards...
      WOW. This is the exact opposite of what I thought!

Seriously. Your going to hit a wall.
    • RunbytheRiver
      RunbytheRiver
      Global
      I've only been playing 1 table at a time, but yes I hear you on the proper brm. I know that it fails when people try to change the rules haha :P
      But I still agree with the player difference