5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($34.79) 70bb
      CO ($42.78) 86bb
      BTN ($49.25) 99bb
      hero (SB) ($49.10) 98bb
      BB ($65.09) 130bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) hero is SB J:spade: K:spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, hero raises to $5, 1 fold, BTN raises to $11, hero calls $6

Flop: 3:diamond: 7:diamond: 2:diamond: ($22.50, 2 players)
      hero checks

Turn: 8:heart: ($22.50, 2 players)
      hero ?????

I think this was my first 3bet at him and expect him to be more bluff heavy here so I think 5bet shove should also be good or even better as Im OOP.

I decided to call cause I have no idea how wide does he 4bet and he gives me such a good potodds I need 27% equity to call and against QQ+,AKs,A5s,AKo I have 28% and I expect him to be wider than that.

When he does not cbet this flop, Im quite sure he missed and his giving up.

How much should I bet on the turn, I think a small bet like 1/3 should do the job. And I can easily shove river with this sizing.

Do I just ch/f if the turn is A or Q or a diamond? Or still bet and ch/f river if called?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Hello jachis,

3bet - already questionable. Could easily even Call and play postflop instead of 3betting there, especially if you assume he is 4betting light. But that also depends on the BB there.

5bet - vs unknown I would rather advice not to be fancy, you don't even know what's his 4betting range. So how do yo plan to do it profitable?

Otherwise I would also just leave it alone, he could easily have there strong hands and even trappy hands which just Check behind with his decent equity and try to let you induce. Your equity is pretty crappy without even having the FD.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Veriz, why don't we fold vs his 4bet? Calling an playing oop won't show us a profit.
    • veriz
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Veriz, why don't we fold vs his 4bet? Calling an playing oop won't show us a profit.
      Depends on hero playability and how good he reads the hands/ranges, it's still possible to do that whilst our flatting range is very strong. But usually to avoid complicated decisions folding is the safest line.