[NL2-NL10] nl10 Speed Poker - Best Turn/River Line?

• Ghartman
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $32.52 (325.2 bb)
      UTG: $4.10 (41 bb)
      MP: $1.04 (10.4 bb)
      CO: $2.75 (27.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $21.23 (212.3 bb)
      SB: $3 (30 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2 2
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.50) 2 K 7 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.60, SB folds, BB calls $1.10, MP calls $0.44 and is all-in

Turn: ($4.64) 3 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.64) T (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      BB bets $2.32, Hero calls $2.32

Obviously, I completely butchered this hand! I should obviously have raised it bigger on the flop and, for some reason, I just froze up on the turn. He played it up until then as a flush draw (I felt) and levelled myself. In general though, how should I be playing this turn card? Is it bet/fold, bet/shove, bet/call or is the check behind ok? Obviously you want to protect your equity here but not if he has a flush! I was a little confused as to what the best line would be here. On the river he half pots it. Am I raising, shoving or just calling as I did. It smelled so bad like a flush trying to get value. I have no reads on villain as it's Speed Poker.

Let me know what you think.

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Flop: A must to raise it pot size even here, way too good odds. You are the one who makes the mistake here.

As played
      Turn: From what do you get called? There ain't even tons of worse hands and nor you wont be able to continue if you get raised. Nor we don't know the guy against we are.

As played
      River: Well, I doubt that you are going to have beat a lot of hands. :) Not sure if he even block-bets Kx hands. But for the given odds it's also difficult to fold.

Raising/Shoving is quite obviously overplayed and wouldn't make sense after hero line on turn, instead should be betting the turn for value.

Best Regards.