winning player

• kochke
      i just wanna read answer by winning players!

help me to become a winning player! i really think its sad to be a breakeven player, its even more sad to be a losing. i deposited 200$ 4 months ago, and i did got on 1k at one point, but for the last 2 months im playing with my bankroll is same or lower than my first deposit! what should i do? i must admit when i got on 1k i played really really hard and watched alot of videos on different poker training sites.

do you think this matters? i really am afraid ill go broke... but i really wanna beat pokerstars! but i just dont know how... noone of my friends play poker so i have noone to speak with (strategies and so on)... everything ive learnt, ive learnt by myself, by experiance, and ofcourse videos and threads...

this is just my short story, i would appreciate if you write something what will help me, and i wanna hear your story!

how did you become a winning player?
  • 2 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Hey kochke,

Good to see you want to improve. First of all a couple of questions.

Were you using a strict and conservative bankroll management (BRM)? for example, when your bankroll got to 1k. Did were you still playing .10/.25c tables? or did you suddenly start playing .50/1 tables or higher?

Over how many hands are you a breakeven or losing player? You really need a good amount of hands (50k at least) to tell where you stand. I have seen really good players have bad runs that last for 50k hands+ even sometimes 75k hands so you really need to put in a lot of volume before you can really say you are a winning player. Or before you put yourself down and say you are losing.

Are you using any tracking software such as Holdem Manager 2? If you are then why not post some of your stats on the forum to see if there are any obvious glaring leaks in your game? Also if you are using tracking software are you reviewing your game after/before each session? You need to start posting a lot of hands in the hand evaluation forums so the professional hand judges can take a look at how you play and tell you if you are making the right moves to maximise the value in each hand played.

Do you attend the free live coachings? If you click the tab "coaching" at the top of the forum then it will take you to a timetable of the coachings. Find the ones that apply to your game type and turn up to them as often as you can. In this you can see a coach playing live or doing session reviews and it gives you chance to ask questions to a professional about anything you may not understand.

One more piece of advice is to get involved in the forum as much as you can. The more you talk about poker the more you learn about it and the better you become :)

Hope this starts to help you out a little, let us know how you get on.

All the best
    • StrategyLofthouse
      Simple things can help you become a winning player also.
      If you start to feel tired it can affect your game, so finish the session and start again after sleep.
      If you are in a game were you can see they are better players than you, don't be afraid to admit it and join another table, or even drop down stakes.