[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - Aa

• LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      NOTE: Villain was playing 20 tables with rocky stats, i think knowing that made me play my hand differently then straight forward. I should have 3b flop, but it seemed that the only hands i can get action back with was hes sets, flop was kind save just one draw, turn/river blanks imo, i do have to admit i mist runner, runner completely. Do you like my line ? Personably i like the way i played, the thing i'm thinking these days concerning these type of spots with high pairs is - should i just 3b the flop knowing that mostly like it will end the action, or should i go for stacks like i did in this hand.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $1.94 (97 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $2.10 (105 bb)
      CO: $2.78 (139 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $3.29 (164.5 bb)
      BB: $1.70 (85 bb)
      MP1: $2.06 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A A
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23) 7 6 J (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.55) 7 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.44, Hero calls $0.44

River: ($1.43) 2 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.36 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.36

Results:
      $4.15 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 7 6 J 7 2
      Hero showed A A and lost (-$2.06 net)
      MP1 showed Q J and won $4 ($1.94 net)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LinasMilius,

You are rarely going to be ahead vs a rock there. Especially when backdoor FD also gets there. Even if you Call the turn which is still fine while he could block-bet with Jx I don't see myself calling the river.

Calling flop is still fine while he will have a lot of PPs in his range which might have hit set.

Best Regards.
    • LinasMilius
      LinasMilius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

You are rarely going to be ahead vs a rock there. Especially when backdoor FD also gets there. Even if you Call the turn which is still fine while he could block-bet with Jx I don't see myself calling the river.

Calling flop is still fine while he will have a lot of PPs in his range which might have hit set.

Best Regards
      I wanted to ask about 3bing the flop, should i 3b and protect my hand knowing that most likely most of the times i'm going to end the hand with small profit, or should i rather risk and give loos/tagy opponents chance to catch up / give them chance to value bet weaker hands, hoping to play for stacks. I'm asking this from long term perspective. For example, on higher limits, would be happy with taking small pot on flop, or would you consider something close to the line i took?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by LinasMilius
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LinasMilius,

Best Regards
      I wanted to ask about 3bing the flop, should i 3b and protect my hand knowing that most likely most of the times i'm going to end the hand with small profit, or should i rather risk and give loos/tagy opponents chance to catch up / give them chance to value bet weaker hands, hoping to play for stacks. I'm asking this from long term perspective. For example, on higher limits, would be happy with taking small pot on flop, or would you consider something close to the line i took?
      You can't 3bet the flop cause he is betting and you are raising. :) He would be 3betting you.

And nope, what worse hands Call you there and you would be just isolating vs strong hands if he is a regular player. Don't be result oriented always. ;)