This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Going with AK preflop AllIn SSS?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I've been thinking about whether Big Slick is decent enough with SSS to go All-In preflop if you got reraised. Or Big Slick in tourneys late game.

So far, Stats tell me that Ive been a losing player with AKs or AKo almost 65% of the time.

In my opinion, AKo and AKs is a drawing hand so you should call any reraise and see what the flop brings. If you did not hit the flop, your out.

But I really don't know the ( fold )equity of AK so if anyone could help me out, thank you very much. ;)
  • 1 reply
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      For a SSS-er,its insta push . You are ahead against an opponent with wider range(88+, ATs+, KJs+, AJo+, KQo),50/50 vs standart calling SSS shove range(TT+, AQs+, AQo+),and 40/60 against the tightest range i could imagine(QQ+, AKs, AKo), but as you have a lot of dead money in the pot(yours), you have to go all in.
      Late stages of a tournament is trickier, but if you are a short stack(<11BB), its almost everytime an easy push