[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Aq

• DarkBlade282
      DarkBlade282
      Bronze
      Blinds are now $0.02 / $0.04

Seat 1: TheDarkAvenger - $4.18 (away from table)
      Seat 2 (BU): denon21 - $3.88
      Seat 3 (SB): itsonlyagame53 - $2
      Seat 4 (BB): DonTony93 - $2.54
      Seat 5: DarkBlade282 - $4
      Seat 6: PerMartin - $8.31
      Seat 7: Bernard9999 - $1.84
      Seat 8: icebuck1 - $8.82
      Seat 9: rydax - $4.15
      Seat 10: boboistina - $4.64

itsonlyagame53 posts small blind ($0.02)
      DonTony93 posts big blind ($0.04)

Dealing [Q :diamond:] [A :club:] to DarkBlade282

DarkBlade282 raises to $0.16
      PerMartin folds
      Bernard9999 folds
      icebuck1 calls $0.16
      rydax folds
      boboistina folds
      denon21 folds
      itsonlyagame53 folds
      DonTony93 folds

Pot sizes: $0.38
      Dealing Flop [2 :heart:] [K :spade:] [4 :heart:]
      DarkBlade282 bets $0.28
      icebuck1 calls $0.28

Pot sizes: $0.94
      Dealing Turn [3 :diamond:]
      DarkBlade282 checks
      icebuck1 bets $0.44
      DarkBlade282 raises to $1
      icebuck1 calls $1

Pot sizes: $2.94
      Dealing River [A :diamond:]
      DarkBlade282 bets $2.56 (all-in)
      icebuck1 folds

Pot sizes: $2.94
      Taking Rake of $0.29 from pot 1
      DarkBlade282 doesn't show
      DarkBlade282 wins $2.65

He bet the turn small, so it looked like a float (betting small because it doesn't matter to most people at these stakes how much you bet after your failed cbets). Having some equity (A high and the wheel draw), I decided to check/raise bluff. A clear valuebet on the river. Did I play this hand correctly?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DarkBlade282,

Why would you Check/Raise the turn? What are you representing with it, there ain't many hands which you play like that. Instead just 2nd barrel it.

Best Regards.
    • DarkBlade282
      DarkBlade282
      Bronze
      On the turn I'm representing Kx by check/raising, AK in particular, given that I raised from UTG. By 2nd barreling I'm going to make him fold hands like 77-JJ or a FD, which I could induce a float against. His low bet was basically a confirmation that he had the range I put him on (maybe a weak Kx but that's unlikely). I thought I could extract more value from his hand by check/raising instead of 2nd barreling. Do you think there is more value in 2nd barreling?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DarkBlade282
      On the turn I'm representing Kx by check/raising, AK in particular, given that I raised from UTG. By 2nd barreling I'm going to make him fold hands like 77-JJ or a FD, which I could induce a float against. His low bet was basically a confirmation that he had the range I put him on (maybe a weak Kx but that's unlikely). I thought I could extract more value from his hand by check/raising instead of 2nd barreling. Do you think there is more value in 2nd barreling?
      What value? You ain't value-betting with your hand cause you have Ace high. You want to gain fold equity. :) Most likely just got a bit lucky on the river, he wouldn't lay down his Kx anyways and also Bets Kx this way.

To gain fold equity we should rather 2nd barrel it.
    • DarkBlade282
      DarkBlade282
      Bronze
      By value I meant ev, not valuebetting A-high, obviously. I thought that I had pretty much the same fold equity 2nd barreling or check/raising, but by check/raising I get the chance of getting more money from him. If you say I should 2nd barrel instead of check/raising, I'll do so the next time, although I still don't quite understand why.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DarkBlade282
      By value I meant ev, not valuebetting A-high, obviously. I thought that I had pretty much the same fold equity 2nd barreling or check/raising, but by check/raising I get the chance of getting more money from him. If you say I should 2nd barrel instead of check/raising, I'll do so the next time, although I still don't quite understand why.
      But you can't really get more money from him on the turn cause you don't have a made hand. :( You rather value-towning yourself vs better hands.