This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Aq

• DarkBlade282
      DarkBlade282
      Bronze
      Blinds are now $0.02 / $0.04

Seat 1: TheDarkAvenger - $4.18 (away from table)
      Seat 2 (BU): denon21 - $3.88
      Seat 3 (SB): itsonlyagame53 - $2
      Seat 4 (BB): DonTony93 - $2.54
      Seat 5: DarkBlade282 - $4
      Seat 6: PerMartin - $8.31
      Seat 7: Bernard9999 - $1.84
      Seat 8: icebuck1 - $8.82
      Seat 9: rydax - $4.15
      Seat 10: boboistina - $4.64

itsonlyagame53 posts small blind ($0.02)
      DonTony93 posts big blind ($0.04)

Dealing [Q :diamond:] [A :club:] to DarkBlade282

DarkBlade282 raises to $0.16
      PerMartin folds
      Bernard9999 folds
      icebuck1 calls $0.16
      rydax folds
      boboistina folds
      denon21 folds
      itsonlyagame53 folds
      DonTony93 folds

Pot sizes: $0.38
      Dealing Flop [2 :heart:] [K :spade:] [4 :heart:]
      DarkBlade282 bets $0.28
      icebuck1 calls $0.28

Pot sizes: $0.94
      Dealing Turn [3 :diamond:]
      DarkBlade282 checks
      icebuck1 bets $0.44
      DarkBlade282 raises to $1
      icebuck1 calls $1

Pot sizes: $2.94
      Dealing River [A :diamond:]
      DarkBlade282 bets $2.56 (all-in)
      icebuck1 folds

Pot sizes: $2.94
      Taking Rake of $0.29 from pot 1
      DarkBlade282 doesn't show
      DarkBlade282 wins $2.65

He bet the turn small, so it looked like a float (betting small because it doesn't matter to most people at these stakes how much you bet after your failed cbets). Having some equity (A high and the wheel draw), I decided to check/raise bluff. A clear valuebet on the river. Did I play this hand correctly?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DarkBlade282,

Why would you Check/Raise the turn? What are you representing with it, there ain't many hands which you play like that. Instead just 2nd barrel it.

Best Regards.
    • DarkBlade282
      DarkBlade282
      Bronze
      On the turn I'm representing Kx by check/raising, AK in particular, given that I raised from UTG. By 2nd barreling I'm going to make him fold hands like 77-JJ or a FD, which I could induce a float against. His low bet was basically a confirmation that he had the range I put him on (maybe a weak Kx but that's unlikely). I thought I could extract more value from his hand by check/raising instead of 2nd barreling. Do you think there is more value in 2nd barreling?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DarkBlade282
      On the turn I'm representing Kx by check/raising, AK in particular, given that I raised from UTG. By 2nd barreling I'm going to make him fold hands like 77-JJ or a FD, which I could induce a float against. His low bet was basically a confirmation that he had the range I put him on (maybe a weak Kx but that's unlikely). I thought I could extract more value from his hand by check/raising instead of 2nd barreling. Do you think there is more value in 2nd barreling?
      What value? You ain't value-betting with your hand cause you have Ace high. You want to gain fold equity. :) Most likely just got a bit lucky on the river, he wouldn't lay down his Kx anyways and also Bets Kx this way.

To gain fold equity we should rather 2nd barrel it.
    • DarkBlade282
      DarkBlade282
      Bronze
      By value I meant ev, not valuebetting A-high, obviously. I thought that I had pretty much the same fold equity 2nd barreling or check/raising, but by check/raising I get the chance of getting more money from him. If you say I should 2nd barrel instead of check/raising, I'll do so the next time, although I still don't quite understand why.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DarkBlade282
      By value I meant ev, not valuebetting A-high, obviously. I thought that I had pretty much the same fold equity 2nd barreling or check/raising, but by check/raising I get the chance of getting more money from him. If you say I should 2nd barrel instead of check/raising, I'll do so the next time, although I still don't quite understand why.
      But you can't really get more money from him on the turn cause you don't have a made hand. :( You rather value-towning yourself vs better hands.