This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KJs

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      MP Fish

BTN 17/12
      210 hands
      0 3bet
      wts 52

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $10.94
      Hero (CO): $14.85
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $6.27
      BB: $9.13
      UTG: $9.96

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:spade: J:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, BTN raises to $0.85, fold, fold, MP calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.70, 3 players) 2:diamond: K:heart: 4:spade:
      MP checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.55, fold, Hero calls $1.55

Turn: ($5.80, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.90, Hero calls $2.90

River: ($11.60, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.70, Hero calls $4.70

Hero shows K:spade: J:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks) (Pre 30%, Flop 17%, Turn 93%)
      BTN shows A:club: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 70%, Flop 83%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins $19.60
  • 4 replies
    • chemikLO
      chemikLO
      Bronze
      Preflop : First call is may be good if you play with fish. Otherwise, I consider folding this...

And then, when other player reraised, you should fold, cause if you call, you decide to play medium hand in big pot, out of position
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      but I get good odds with a hand that plays well in a multiway pot
    • rogervieri
      rogervieri
      Bronze
      Hands like Ax, Kx and maybe even Qx with medium kicker like T or J are very dangerous hands, because when they make toppair it's difficult to let them go and you could easily lose a big pot with them.

Now you were sort of lucky to hit your 3-outer on the turn, but the big question is: would you still play the same way if the turn was T :club: (in other words: if you didn't make 2-pair) or would you have folded the turn??

Of course Button will be squeeze-happy in these spots, but he saw a raise and a call raise in front of him and he still decide to 3-bet for the first time in 210 hands and his stats look tight (vpip/pfr) for short-handed, so alarm bells should be ringing in the future.

PS> concerning pot-odds: you now have huge reversed implied odds, better to join a multiway with J :spade: T :spade: or something, then you don't have the problem of domination and when you hit, you probably hit the nuts
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jules97,

Doh, funny thought I replied to this hand but I guess when internet went down I didn't post it. Gonna evaluate it again. :D

Preflop: As long we are getting decent odds of course it's possible but I would more often advice not to put yourself into difficult situations where you might start to overplay your pairs. :(

As played
      Postflop: Instead of Calling the turn just get it in, if he has a hand he is willing to pay and if not we don't want him to Check behind the river. :P

Best Regards.