Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60, 2 players) 3:spade: 6:heart: A:club:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.60, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.28

River: ($1.72, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, fold

This was just the second hand played against the opponent so had no info about him, therefore played rather passively and his min raise on the turn threw me of balance a bit.
  • 4 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Hello,

why don't you cbet flop? You can represent Ax and it's soo dry. Your opponent doesn't hit it very often too.

As played, do you think something like QT, Q9 raise turn? I don't think so. Vs unknown I play bet/fold turn.
    • kaulaz
      kaulaz
      Bronze
      Don't feel very comfortable against unknown opponents :) When he did not raise on the flop, it was clear he does not have A. Taking in mind his turn play Then it leaves he must have had QK? But why to min raise then?
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Diamond
      Originally posted by kaulaz
      Don't feel very comfortable against unknown opponents :)
      I'm sorry but I don't understand your reason to check/fold. What was your plan preflop? I would cbet since a read won't grab itself and then the hand is over for me, even when he calls.

Do you think KQ would raise when A is on the board? I think he would just call you down. He has either set, two pair or strong ace, which could easily check behind.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kaulaz
      Don't feel very comfortable against unknown opponents :) When he did not raise on the flop, it was clear he does not have A. Taking in mind his turn play Then it leaves he must have had QK? But why to min raise then?
      I'm sorry Kaulaz but not feeling comfortable against unknowns is not an argument for not cBetting the Flop. The reason is that most of the opponents you play against is unknown anyway, it's our job to get to know how to play against it & identify them asap

The strategy clearly tells you the Flop is one of the most profitable plays because you can have far more Ax there

As played I would only bet/call the Turn if you are going to check/call the River as well

Best regards,
      Gerv