Aggresive players at NL4

• 5 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      NL2 and NL4,5 are the two most different limits in poker.
      Your winrate will drop by half from NL2, you will get 3bet more, people will be more aggressive.
      It's because NL2 just has players that have no idea what they are doing, just clicking colored buttons.
      Just keep playing ABC poker, don't let your ego get in a way when opponents are being aggressive and raising you, just fold it and look for a better spot.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Your winrate will drop by half from NL2, you will get 3bet more, people will be more aggressive.
      It's because NL2 just has players that have no idea what they are doing, just clicking colored buttons.
      Just keep playing ABC poker, don't let your ego get in a way when opponents are being aggressive and raising you, just fold it and look for a better spot.
      Please tell me you are joking?...It is a sad day for humans everywhere if not.
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      And I thought it was just my impression! When I moved from NL2 to NL4 I had a shock! It took me months to recover. Honest!
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      Please tell me you are joking?...It is a sad day for humans everywhere if not.
      Ok, they might not be the most different in whole poker, but still they differ a lot, many people winrate drops by half when they move up, even a guy called Blackrain79 who has played more than million hands on each of those limits says there are two different games, his winrate also was chopped in half. What limit are you playing, you probably have moved up enough and have forgotten?
      Another thing is I play on Pokerstars where there is NL5, but don't think there is a much difference between other sites and NL4.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      the players on stars @nl2-nl10 are diabolical, as you move up some regs get better and some get worse and the fish are still the fish watever level you play,

i notice at nl10 they start to 3bet more but i would say 70% of regs that do that dont know how to adjust and play spewy and spaz out as they have no plan when you play back, so no fancy play here just play for value and only try to exploit the better regs if you want some fun.

at nl25 the regs are much better so you can look for good spots, find your edge and play poker against them,