Stealing: When to fight back

• mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      I tend to fight back to fast, if someone raises my blinds 2 times in a row I will 3bet the 3rd time, is this too fast? I just never respect people that raise from the co/bu.
  • 8 replies
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      Well you should respect, I love to steal once, twice and then third time with strong hand.

As for resteals I only resteal with hand I'm comfortable going all in with, mostly JJ+ and AK, maybe 99+ AJ+ if I find raiser loose and often stealing.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Isnt that a bit too tight I mean then ur an easy target to steal from all the time and they can just keep raising till u 3bet then they know u have a good hand and they can easily fold.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Normally it is.It depends in the limit really, and on the player.
      My advice is - if a player that has position on you is too aggressive for your style, just leave the table. His money isnt better than anybody else's.
      I easily detect sharks on my tables , and i just avoid confrontations with them. There is enough fish for everyone.
      =========
      About resteals,if they're raising first in from SB, you should loosen up, vs BU/CO its still tight, you can try to 3bet(but not with any two), if you think that they abuse that is.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If you're talking about 6-max play, have a look at my article in the diamond promo forum (I'll finish it when I'm on holiday, don't worry ^^), if it's FR then.. well it can probably help too, although I wouldn't follow it too closely. Also, the lower the stakes, the tighter you should play - I wrote it for NL100+ tags, I wouldn't play that loose at lower stakes
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tzveti
      Normally it is.It depends in the limit really, and on the player.
      My advice is - if a player that has position on you is too aggressive for your style, just leave the table. His money isnt better than anybody else's.
      I easily detect sharks on my tables , and i just avoid confrontations with them. There is enough fish for everyone.
      =========
      About resteals,if they're raising first in from SB, you should loosen up, vs BU/CO its still tight, you can try to 3bet(but not with any two), if you think that they abuse that is.
      no offence but the concept of mutual cooperation in eating the fish just doesn't work. you simply can't afford to either let the regs steamroll you, nor can you afford to not steamroll them.

leaving the table when a good LAG sits to your left is OK though.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      My ego is too big to leave a table because of a certain player :p
      I also think it's more useful to stay to learn how to play against those players.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mintogo
      My ego is too big to leave a table because of a certain player :p
      I also think it's more useful to stay to learn how to play against those players.
      That depends on the goal you have.
      Do you want to earn money - leave the table
      Do you want to become the best - stay, pay and learn
      :D
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      I'm a stealer and when someone fights back and try to steal mine i raise just for the kicks =)
      I must admit it's a silly strategy,so far lucky for me

p.s. do not do that on high stakes :D