[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - KTo call river?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Vill: Unknown. 0/0/5h

Preflop: I could fold but I it is a very good hand to 3bet bluff with.

Flop: Looks like a standard CB to me. Being IP and getting a free turn/river probably. I also protect my equity vs AJ/AK.

Turn
      1) Should I barrel a blank turn? Like 4 :diamond: ? To let him fold hands likt TT/JJ/QK. Should we give him credit for folding QK OTT on a 2nd barrel? Should we assume he calls the flop with TT/JJ?

I have SD value so I check behind. Also TT improves and I don't know if he folds QK.

River
      This sucks. He reps exactly QK. But maybe he changes JJ in a bluff? Maybe KJ? Missed FD?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1848736
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $55.29
      Hero (BTN): $50.44
      SB: $63.11
      BB: $123.48
      UTG: $39.34
      MP: $53.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :club: T :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, CO calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) Q :club: 3 :spade: 7 :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $5.50, CO calls $5.50

Turn: ($20.75) T :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($20.75) K :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $13.08, Hero calls $13.08
  • 2 replies
    • darko163
      darko163
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      He Farma,

I agree on the 3bet preflop. You establish an agressive image and you can play the hand IP when you get called.

Flop: standard c-bet

Turn: I don't think that someone will call a c-bet OOP with TT/JJ on this flop. You beat all his other pp...so you're up against AQ, KQ, QQ, TT/JJ/99/88
      I'd check the turn behind because you're WAWB

River: you still beat AQ, but I don't think he'd bet anything less. He won't bet pockets and I think he won't bet AQ either. So I'd fold the river I guess...(nit alert!)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Barreling the turn doesn't make sense, we also have showdown value there and nor I doubt that we are making any better hands to fold. But otherwise on the river kinda close, assuming that he doesn't have that many AK floats cause we also holding K might be even towards to fold. He neither doesn't have many FDs in his range.

Nor he of course isn't turning showdown value hands into bluff most likely but instead just Checking them. The only hand you have beat on the river is AK but for that he would have to float that on the flop in 3bet pot. He isn't block-Betting Qx neither I guess this size cause it's turning his hand into bluff.

Best Regards.