[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Good odds? ATo

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Villains:
      SB 18/15/117h solid player.
      BB 40/10/10h fishy player. This is his first 3bet. I still think he is pretty stong here btw cause fishes are most of the time passive and like to call with even hands like AQ.

Now, I get really good odds esspecialy knowing that SB is always going to call if I call.

What do I call for? To flop:
      - TTx
      - ATx
      - JQK

Do I flop these things enough of the time to make this preflop call profitable? I assumed I have huge implieds odds btw.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1848755
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $50.00
      Hero (CO): $66.40
      BTN: $59.69
      SB: $50.00
      BB: $68.92
      UTG: $52.39

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with A :heart: T :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($9.00) 6 :spade: 7 :diamond: 3 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $7, Hero folds, SB folds
  • 8 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      fold pre

You will not hit enough to justify this play.

Just calculate these situations you want to hit ... + you're dominated so you will often pay at least a cbet ..

I'd much rather call hands which play easier postflop + have bigger potential.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      You will not hit enough to justify this play.

Thanks. This is what I wanted te hear.

you're dominated so you will often pay at least a cbet

I pointed out that I won't pay a Cbet on Axx/Txx flop but only continue on the flops mentioned above
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Instead of calling the 4bet I'd even prefer 4bet/Folding than Calling. You are putting often yourself into trouble whilst such a fish could easily 3bet with such mainly dominated hands.

If we had ATs then sure why not to play it cause it plays not only for TP or whatsoever but also implied odds for draws. From which we can say that we rather should be playing those hands which have decent implied odds like SCs/PPs and even included all the PPs.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      But we can't really 4bet here because he is a fish... We don't have enough FE I assume?

So how often of the times do you think one of the three flops I'm looking for is going to appear?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      But we can't really 4bet here because he is a fish... We don't have enough FE I assume?

So how often of the times do you think one of the three flops I'm looking for is going to appear?
      Why do you assume we don't have fold equity? Just cause he is a fish doesn't mean that we don't have fold equity. The call line is even worse cause you will hit your pair and then what? Pay the flop, pay the turn and then fold the river? You will never know how your T pair stands nor of course never-ever the Ace cause it often dominated.

Didn't get the question about three flops?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

Why do you assume we don't have fold equity? Just cause he is a fish doesn't mean that we don't have fold equity. The call line is even worse cause you will hit your pair and then what? Pay the flop, pay the turn and then fold the river? You will never know how your T pair stands nor of course never-ever the Ace cause it often dominated.
      Didn't get the question about three flops?
      Missed this post ;)

As I said in my first post in this thread I will just fold my hand if he CBets on Axx.
      I'm only continuing on:
      ATx
      TTx
      QKJ
      -> I'm only calling to hit such a flop. But howmuch of the time will it appear? Enough to justifie a preflop call?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      This is not something you should ask people, it's very easy math, you can do it on yourself... Just don't be lazy and google it ;)

Just telling you % is worthless, you forget it sooner or later, learn the process, which you will remember kinda forever ;)

E: Try it in this spot and I will help ya :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      -> I'm only calling to hit such a flop. But howmuch of the time will it appear? Enough to justifie a preflop call?

Even if you hit you will never know where you stand with your hand, that's the problem. :)