This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

pissed off

• terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      i cant win any hands anymore, every time i make a play and try and do something i get shit on by idiots, regular runner runners and rivers and just stupid shit against wankers. like someone with pockets 9 hittin a runner runner straight, beating my pocket queens, then im playing a tourney with AQ suited, raise pre flop becos everyone folds or calls, one guy calls me, hit a queen on the flop, got top pair and theres no chance of a flush or str8 on the table, i raise pot which is my entire stack by this point and he auto calls, he has ace 9 suited clubs, so has hit nothin, not even a pair, then the table turns two clubs to give him a runner runner flush, you cant beat hands like that and it happens every time i play on every table i keep making the right play and keep losing every time.
  • 5 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Let me be the first to say it, VERIANCE, because no doubt everyone else will.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi terrygilham

Yes, such things happen to all of us. Just keep woking on your game such a downswing will end, that's for sure.
      Maybe it helps to read an article concerning this topic:
      - Downswing - a psychological consideration
      - Downsing: identifying, consequences and how to deal with them

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      im playing 4tables ultra tight, on full ring, and so far i am up a bit, but as i started typing it happened again, some guy beat me with queens that he hit on the river. went all in on the flop with nothing, i had top pair jack with an ace kicker so i called, maybe a little loose but i felt i ad the winning hand. typically he hit.its starting to get a bit too expected and i think i am starting to change my game to try and avoid it, i know i should just stick with my game but the problem is that if the downswing goes on for too long i may not have a bankroll to play with at all!
    • RealiQ
      RealiQ
      Bronze
      :e i got one downswing too :D nearly lost my whole BR ... but still got some small $ on it , so im building it up again :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by terrygilham
      im playing 4tables ultra tight, on full ring, and so far i am up a bit, but as i started typing it happened again, some guy beat me with queens that he hit on the river. went all in on the flop with nothing, i had top pair jack with an ace kicker so i called, maybe a little loose but i felt i ad the winning hand. typically he hit.its starting to get a bit too expected and i think i am starting to change my game to try and avoid it, i know i should just stick with my game but the problem is that if the downswing goes on for too long i may not have a bankroll to play with at all!
      Cut down on the multitabling. :)