Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.01
      Hero (SB): $2.86

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:heart: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.06, BB raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36, 2 players) 5:diamond: J:spade: 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.27, Hero ?

Reads, Villain hadn't 3-Bet much if at all but we'd only been playing for 20 or so hands.

Not sure what is the correct line on the flop, if I raise then I think I'm turning my hand into a bluff but my opponent won't be able to fire a second barrel with worse. If I call then I'm not really sure where I am at.

Please tell me plans for this hand, thanks.

PS. Not sure if this is right forum, please direct me elsewhere if not.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Raknyo,

Instead of me telling you all the plans, try to put your plans first and I can fix them. :) HU poker is way different than any other variant of poker. You can't play it just according some book and follow straight forward play. Everything is dependent on the opponent.

For example here could be picked many different lines, either raise for value, Call to keep his bluffs in. So depends A LOT on the opponent and not just the hand. If you think his range is nitty then just Call and reevaluate the turn. :)

Also I would strongly advice not to play on those lower stakes HU games, cause you get killed with the rake and it's very difficult to earn profit. Also of course you are easily able to spew your whole BR. :)

Best Regards.