[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Opponent stats 23/7 AF:2 3bet:0(0/67) fold to 3bet:40(2/5) WTSD:32 W$SD:50 after 175 hands.

I think he has AA,KK, because he insta 4bet me and he looks nitty by his prf and 3bet stats.

I know that everyone says you can't fold KK pre flop , but there are some situations where you just know that your opponent has AA, but you still call his shove, because there is a rule that you can't fold KK. I think in some situations is +EV to fold KK. If you fold KK pre flop , when you know that your opponent has KK+ range, you will win money in long run, because he won't fold KK pre flop, when you have AA. For him is just a bad beat and he thinks what he will get his money back from you when you hold KK and he has AA, but if you got very good reads on your opponent and in certain situations you fold KK pre flop, think how much you will win from him in long run?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      UTG2 raises to $0.40, 6 folds, Hero raises to $1.30, UTG2 raises to $3.00, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • xoshix33
      the "never folding kk preflop" rule is bad, there are few situations where you do fold them based on good reads.
      the problem is 67 hands isnt enough to determine a 3bet~4bet range
      theres quite a big of a chance he has had any AK-AQ AJ QQ AA KK to 3 bet at all.
      still not just AA KK, but AA, KK,AK range you are still behind with KK, so it think its a good fold
    • veriz
      Hello TheWinnerTakesItAll,

Just ship it, I am not planning to fold it. :) You know maybe cause you just saw the results. :D

Best Regards.
    • TheWinnerTakesItAll
      That was a fifth time when I had KK and I put my opponent on AA, but still I shoved or called his shove. But from now I think I will fold in some of these spots. Why I think that my opponent has KK+ range in this hand? 1. His stats posted above. 2. He's prf is 7(13/175), his steal is 27(7/26), so he opened 13 hands and 7 of them from CO and BU. That leaves 6 hands to other positions that is about 3%. UTG range is stronger, so I think his UTG range should be about 2% and when he 4bets me it's pretty obvious that I am behind. Of course sample size is small.