Gaming Cafe

• FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Hi everybody i am in the process of opening a gaming centre that will be aimed mainly at gamers. We have xbox,ps3 and ultra fast gaing pcs.
      My problem is that I a very up to date with my console games but not to sure about pc titles.
      I am looking for active gamers to give me some suggestions on any new releases that i should be adding to my list and any older titles that are still very popular.
      Thanks gamers

Sunny
  • 14 replies
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Plus any ideas for gaming events that people all ready hold/interested in would be good!
      So please let me pick your brains!!
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Csgo is coming out. 15$
      dota 2 is really popular #1 free on release
      league of legends brings the easy and is a free pc game.
      diablo 3 starcraft 2
      battlefield 3
      mw3
      l4d2
      minesweeper
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      These are all the currently big multilayer titles with non recurring fees.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I forgot the other free to play king team fortress 2.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for the replies im lookin for new titles that gamers are looking for. As we deal with publishers direct they obviously big up there own new releases so i am trying to find out what the gamers are waiting for.
      Thanks
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      An idea you might consider is having a suggestion box. People might not be interested in these games depending on the area so it could be worth having. Skyrim is also really popular, but certain areas of people might not really want it.
    • KeeperDe
      KeeperDe
      Bronze
      I think the games mentioned by mute20 are pretty much the ones you should definitely take an eye on. I think those are gonna be the most popular ones for a gaming cafee since you start a new game over and over again. For me it wouldnt make sense to go to a cafee to play a single player game, because I probably wouldnt be able to play my safegame then anyway :)
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      thanks to all replies and please keep them coming!!
      once were all up and running properly i would like to arrange some online events so any suggestions for that would be good. Looking for original ideas as got the usual fifa, fastest lap etc etc.
      Thanks again and please feel free to add me if you wanna chat in more depth.

Sunny

Oh by the way grand opening on thursday but having a test night tomoz so long days ahead no poker for me :(
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Also our prices are £4 per hour or 3 hours for £10. Do you guys think that is a fair price? Thats for pcs, x box and ps3.
      Will be setting up twitter and face book accounts so please follow even if you never come lol support a fellow poker player!!
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Is something like this even popular? I mean everyone has a PC at their home and also Xbox and PS3, I don't see the appeal of going to a gaming cafe, I can see little kids going there in which case you need a lot of Call of Duty.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Where are you setting this up, if I might ask?
      It helps assessing the prices :)

On the games, I think the core eSports lineup should be:
      - League of Legends
      - DotA
      - StarCraft 2
      - Diablo 3
      - some shooter(s), but here I'm a bit unsure about distribution of popularity

You could look at twitch.tv to compare games in their viewer numbers for live streams.

And you should have a look at the Meltdown in Paris for inspiration! :)
      http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336504
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      As Krishjanis said, are Gaming Cafes still popular ? If they still are I'd suggest to create championships on every game that is played alot in your Cafe (ask you clients what games they'd like to participate in and also observe them and see which games they play the most)

Originally posted by FatSunny
      Also our prices are £4 per hour or 3 hours for £10. Do you guys think that is a fair price? Thats for pcs, x box and ps3.
      Will be setting up twitter and face book accounts so please follow even if you never come lol support a fellow poker player!!
      I assume you are from UK. So first thing you should do is ask yourself if you'd play £4 an hour if you were a gamer. Also check other Gaming Cafes and see what offers and special offers they do have. Check what games most people are playing there and then you should buy those games as well.

The impression you left me is that you are new in business. Not saying that I know many things about business, but you should check the other Cafes and get their offers and then figure out some better promotions for your Cafe. Also make your Cafe better than the others, see what they lack: mabye they don't have a bar where people can buy some drinks and chips I don't know..

If I were a gamer, I would surely love to have weekly or every to weeks a small Tourney and with a decent prize and/or free hours at any console/pc to play at.

Another thing I would do is to make a great even at the beginning/end of each month with greater prizes.

Now this would attract me for sure if I was a gamer.

I would also buy the new Mortal Kombat, I played this game with some pals and me personally I loved it :P ... tbh I loved the whole series of Mortal Kombat from Super Nintendo, especially Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate :D :D
    • cojo013
      cojo013
      Bronze
      hy ! we have a very popular cafe here in cosntanta / romania. as i saw till now most popular games are :
      - dota 2 / dota 1
      -diablo III ( recently )
      -counter strike
      - LOL ( league of legends i think)
      -hon ( don t know exactly )
      -fifa ( latest i think as long as i dont play )

extremely well dotated pc`s its a must!

just to make an impresion beein an internet cafe with 150 PC`s and beeing in romania prices are : 6 ron / hour (1.10-1.20 punds i think )
      and tons of nice abonaments ! and olso whats nice if u make an abonament on 1st of any month you get it double :D ! biggest its 100 hours wich is 45 punds aproximatively and you get 200 hours :) ) !

why to go in cafe? i rarely go with some friends and we play multyplayer games....10+ friends and long night! it`s real fun :) this is why !

olso recently they made nice restaurant and you can have olmost whatever you want in front of your pc wich it`s a big +++++ !!!

http://forte-games.ro/ use google translate and take a look! you have to learn a lot from them. its an cafe wich works for 8+ years. about 12-13 years :) wich its sick

hope it helps ! wish u best of luck ! keep`n touch!
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      £4 is probably too much. I guess personally I'd pay 2£/€ tops.

You should also offer:

discount for just wi-fi code if people bring their own laptop
      decently cheap food + drinks, good variety of both. You'll make surprisingly much with food.
      smart location (who is your customer base?)
      events
      coupons
      smart opening hours
      perhaps have cafe front so some people will come for just that
      mobile phone/ipad etc chargers