$3.28
      MP2:
      $2.23
      MP3:
      $2.21
      CO:
      $2.65

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.05, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, BU calls $0.11.

Flop: ($0.34) Q, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.24, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.34.

Did I correctly c/f the flop - because the flop often hits villain here?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SvenBe,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting in first place? My advice would be instead of 3betting in those stakes just to play for set value. You will rarely have much fold equity in those stakes and low PP plays very bad postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Worst flop to ever to CB, there are tons of hands which have hit here and continue, you will rarely have fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

I have gotten into the habit of 3betting some small PP's in certain situations like these when the BU attempts to steal.

I thought that this was a good line to take since we cannot always correctly assess our implied odds vs LP steals and we don't always flop our set so we have to c/f or bluff raise mostly. So by 3betting we take advantage of our opponents loose BU range and can win without showdown preflop and postflop and it serves to widen our 3betting range and make us more difficult to play against. Obviously if the BU plays something like
      10/7 with ATS 10% and never folds to 3b's or something silly over like 1k hands then it's retarded to 3b in such situations. But I think it's safe to assume that most players will still be stealing wider from the button.

Would you just advise against doing this vs complete unknowns and just play ABC for set value?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      My advice would be instead of 3betting in those stakes just to play for set value. You will rarely have much fold equity in those stakes and low PP plays very bad postflop.
      i think this is the key here :D

as a massive generalization there are only huge stations and huge nits on nl2 :P
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I actually played this hand when I had an introduction to some new colleagues :-)
      They recommended me to raise preflop, since calling and then continuing would be super suspicious and we rarely get a payout.
      On the other hand, when you raise pre, you might easily get Equity out of the Pot. If you get calls you would then represent a strong holding on most of the flops - but surely not on this one.