[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - AQ CO vs BTN. Spew?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Villain:
      Solid on 20 hands. Doesn't seem fish in any case. 22/15.

Preflop
      Standard.

Flop
      I think my hand is too good to just check/fold. He has to fold all his PP's.
      My plan was to 2nd barrel most turncards cause BTN vs CO he can still float me here or call with Tx offcourse.

As you see he raised. He does not rep much here... He can have TT/22 and KT if he even calls the last one preflop. That's a pretty small range imo.
      And BTN vs CO he can easily bluffraise here (that's what I think at least).

I can't really call to take it away on the turn offcourse because I'm OOP. That's why I choose to reraise the flop. I can still credibly rep some good hands.

Turn
      After he calls he has most of the time a draw. I didn't bluffshove because I'm already ahead of draws.
      So I have to check... He shoves and I'm even considering a herocall here. I didn't do it in the end :(

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1849740
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $67.57
      SB: $62.10
      BB: $50.75
      UTG: $50.00
      Hero (CO): $54.53

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Q :club: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) T :diamond: 2 :club: K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $7, Hero raises to $18, BTN calls $11

Turn: ($39.75) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $36, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Check/Fold the flop, pretty crappy board to CB there whilst you will get called a lot, especially if he has low fold to CB. Nor I don't really understand the 3bet vs unknown assumed fish. :D

Why can't he represent much there? KT/22/TT is still possible to represent and maybe even sometimes plays aggressively his AK type of hand.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Why ain't it a good board to Cbet? I mean:
      1) He has to fold all his PP's (which is a lot)
      2) He has to fold Tx on my 2nd barrel
      So that's almost his whole range. Did you read that my plan was to 2nd barrel?

Now, lets say the flop was K97r, would you like the 3bet? BTN will bluffraise a lot vs CO. And I don't assume him to be a fish :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Why ain't it a good board to Cbet? I mean:
      1) He has to fold all his PP's (which is a lot)
      2) He has to fold Tx on my 2nd barrel
      So that's almost his whole range. Did you read that my plan was to 2nd barrel?

Now, lets say the flop was K97r, would you like the 3bet? BTN will bluffraise a lot vs CO. And I don't assume him to be a fish :)
      Please tell me why do you want to fight back vs unknown? Why that leveling over leveling and over leveling to win all the pots? Seems like you assume during the game everyone raises you loose.

Why not a good flop to CB? Cause his whole broadway range continues there and you have really little equity there vs any range what calls you. You don't even know what kind of range he flats you like that.