[NL2-NL10] Nl4 JJ UTG

• keywiz
      keywiz
      Bronze
      Sorry in advance for not posting the hand properly - hand history does not work properly atm. Will fix it and post properly the next time.

NL 0.02/0.04

So just briefly, Hero with JJ UTG. Raise to 0.12. Get called by MP2, everyone else folds.

Flop KQ7 rainbow.

Hero leads out with a 0.22 bet and takes the pot.

A few doubts - firstly, should i have chosen a larger, let's say 4x BB preflop raise.
      And secondly, do you think CBetting is an option here against 1 opponent on a drawy ( I suppose ) flop with overcards? I do have some fold equity here right ?

Thanks a lot
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keywiz,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: From UTG have a default raise of 4bb cause you are mainly doing it for value.
      Postflop: Very bad flop to CB even here cause you will rarely be doing very good here nor you don't know how much fold equity you have. If there was just one overcard then sure we could pick up that but with 2 overcards which practically makes him Call with his whole broadway range you will have rarely much fold equity -> unless as said we assume he he super-loose.

Best Regards.