sigh, abusers of timer

• DirtyDunton
      Today in a 30 man tourney, we had a jackass that used his full timer on EVERY SINGLE HAND, EVERY BET, EVERY PLAY.

Oh my god this is incredibly annoying! I know why he did it, but it pissed everyone off.

Contacted Titan poker about it and they didn't seem to give a rats ass that people are abusing this system.

I have no qualm about people using the full countdown timer, but every play is just ludicrous.
      I still placed 4th in tourney, but why can't the admins on these sited put a limit on how many times people can do this? I would think a limit of 10-20 would be more than enough to use your full countdown timer.

Anyway, just had to vent a bit. :f_mad:

• 17 replies
    • ains21
      haha what a troll, well annoying.
    • Friedric
      From what I remember the same situation had place on P*. But that man got warned by support when table called moderator, he did it few times more and they locked his account for some time.

Annoying as hell :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      then they could make a limit of this, let few times to use full timer, then alow less time and no moderators would be needed.
    • ragney
      Prolly bubble
    • jaggedlink
      I will sometimes do this a few times each orbit in a turbo or timed tourney to try and control(as much as possible at 9man table) when the blinds hit.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I rarely will bother at the first few levels, but at bubble, yeah, though you get people pissed off and it ruins any edge you've gained by becoming a target.

You'll often see who has control of tilt issues and who does'nt have a lot of patience and that can be a useful note to have on someone.

@OP though, every hand in a 30 man is really crazy. :s_mad:
    • DailyDollarPro
      I've had this happen before.

Worst part was that it was an MTT, and our table had 4 people sitting out!!!

I'm trying to blind steal like mad and some punk to my right was time banking 30s every decision, every hand, including fold pre's! :rage:
    • JimC6
      there used to be a guy on 888 that did this, his screen name was actually something like "i_play_slow" or something to that affect.

I found it quite funny but I did only play on his table once.
    • FaTDoGBG
      I don't see what is the problem here and what can the support do in this case. The time given is equal to all players and they can use it the way they want. If you don't like it play turbo, hyper turbos. Poker is not just playing your cards, it is a psychological war and all means to tilt your opponents should be used in order to succeed.

PS. It is annoying indeed :) )
    • DeetM
      Any chance he was just on a ton of tables and actually clicking buttons like a mad man but still using up his timer on each?
    • RYCK9966
      I've seen this in a 10 man tourney, right from the start to finish. When it gets slow I'll open up another table, or watch something on the internet.

I've done it before myself. Usually it's counter productive.
    • amanofhisword

indeed it is very annoying, but you gotta deal with whatever comes your way.

use it to practice self discipline, or use that time look at previous hands or research players. Getting bored definitely makes you play less than your best game.

good luck at the tables
    • gadget51
      ^^This in my opinion.

If you are or want to be a regular in these games I uspect you will meet the same players on a number of occasions.

Treat the down time as you would - or at least should - to observe the table, bet sizings (when they eventually do bet :) ) post flop actions, showdowns, etc., etc., etc. Take notes, youhave plenty of time, so take detailed notes and use allt his information to not only give you insight into how others play, but improve your own play by doing so as well.

If you are to move up in stakes you will need all of these skills honed to a fine art.

Just my thoughts on how to deal with this and other similar spots. It's much more productive than tilting I think, don't you?

Have fun,

• FatSunny
      I let my bar tick down halfway every hand regardless of call fold raise whatever, this is to limit timing tells to a min and it also gives me time to make sure my decision is correct, even tho sometimes its not lol
    • SPeedFANat1c
      if the time is given, then you have right to use it every hand till the maximum in my opinion.

For limited times - timebanks are made.

And whats the problem to open another table if its too slow?
    • sirilidion
      I have done this on occasion by starting up tableninja and selecting the option auto-click I'm back when I really needed to go to the bathroom or I still needed to do groceries before they shops close etc. :p. At least I lose less blinds this way ^^.
    • avanbuiten
      I do this when leading / 2nd on final table on satellite that end 10 minutes before the main tournament starts. People get quite annoyed and accuse me of being scared to play, but I think it's justified as everyone who isn't in the money shoves all-in with any two cards - as with a few minutes to go they might as well. If I let them do this again and again then one of them ends up with more chips and may displace me. Hence it's a valid tactic to hold them up. Doesn't make you any friends though!
    • Lazza61
      Originally posted by JimC6
      there used to be a guy on 888 that did this, his screen name was actually something like "i_play_slow" or something to that affect.

I found it quite funny but I did only play on his table once.
      There is a guy called slowplayer2 on iPoker who plays 6man PLO8 SnGs and always runs his 15 seconds down every hand before acting.