$4.49
      MP3:
      $5.08
      CO:
      $1.22
      BU (Hero):
      $1.54

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, SB calls $0.12, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.32) 8, J, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.72) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16.

River: ($1.04) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.04.
      Results follow:

SB shows a flush, king high(9 9).
      Hero shows a flush, king high(Q J).

SB wins with a flush, king high(9 9).
      Hero wins with a flush, king high(Q J).

Do you think I should have 3 bet on the turn seeing that his bet decreased in size. Also, if I had bet the river instead of checking in the position, I felt I could have taken the pot but didn't for no reason ( He would have bet for value if he had a higher club than the board )

Thanks a lot ;)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keywiz,

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

Just fold the turn even though you are getting very good odds there, doubt that we going to have much beat and nor we wont be able to Call the river. Disagree on 3betting there cause you will rarely know if he can't do that with even a flush.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

Would you not recommend r/f on the flop here? If we get 3b then it's an easy fold surely?

By calling the flop aren't we just allowing our opponent to draw for cheap?

Or is it better to flat call since we only beat draws and JT so there is very little to value bet against? Instead should we treat it as a WAWB situation, even though the board is super draw heavy?

Thanks
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      can't we try to FH the river? or is it the case that in this specific board we may already have reversed implieds vs the T :D

..ohwait, hero has a broken stack. but what if he didn't :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      Hi Veriz,

Would you not recommend r/f on the flop here? If we get 3b then it's an easy fold surely?

By calling the flop aren't we just allowing our opponent to draw for cheap?

Or is it better to flat call since we only beat draws and JT so there is very little to value bet against? Instead should we treat it as a WAWB situation, even though the board is super draw heavy?

Thanks
      Assuming that such guys could even shove with just draw there as T/A then not really. I'd rather prefer taking way ahead/behind.

We can't be sure how good SB hand is so yeah, not really, can't go for FH. :D Plus the guy could have T.