[NL2-NL10] AK OOP against aggresive player

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi there!

Note: I played this hand in a bad session with not clear mindset so I´m not sure about my decisions.

Note2: Table is actually fullring that fell apart.

Preflop is I guess Standard. The player that I was playing agains was very passive preflop, but he was not afraid to donk bet to people on flops, bet when they cheked. He was constantly trying to press. Passive preflop, aggro postflop.

On the turn, I thought that he has to have a queen. Of some sort and since he was very short I decided to shove because I didn´t had exactly good odds to call. my thought process was that I will try to turn it against him so that he will have to do this decision.

I know Gerv, you are probably tearing your hair from what you read but that session was very bad from my side. Can you please tell me what should have been the clear play? Fold river to even very small bet? Or shove it? Or perhaps get it in on the flop?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $4.37
      BTN: $1.84 45/4 after 150 hands
      Hero (SB): $2.45
      BB: $3.11
      UTG: $2.32
      MP: $8.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.42, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.32

Flop: ($0.99, 2 players) 5:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:spade:
      Hero bets $0.62, BTN calls $0.62

Turn: ($2.23, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.41 and is all-in, BTN calls $0.45 and is all-in

River: ($3.83, 2 players) J:spade:

Hero shows A:diamond: K:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 60%, Flop 52%, Turn 68%)
      BTN shows T:diamond: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives) (Pre 40%, Flop 48%, Turn 32%)
      BTN wins $3.67
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think I just let it go on the Turn, there is no guarantee we have 6 clean outs (paired board, flushdraw, KQ/AQ) and I think he is just valuebetting you. You also dont have fold equity but you already know that the c/R on the Turn is not yielding any profit

Best regards,
      Gerv