i'm not realy new

• LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      Goodevening,

My name is Rik.

I'm not realy new, because i was active on the dutch forum for lets say 8 a 9 months.

The reason that i'm not active anymore, since 2day is that i dont like it there anymore, or maybe also they dont like me anymore.

i played for a while fullring cashgames and i beat NL10 FR on a big sample.

After that i started playing on NL5 SH and moved up to NL10 which i also beat over a big sample.

In the months from Januarie i went a lot of times broke, and invested a lot of money, a couple of times i had a hot run and i was thinking i was beating NL25/NL50 etc.. so when i was broke i just trow another couple of hunderd euro's online and started again on NL50 or so...

Why i swapped to the english forum...

The people on the dutch forum think i'm a joke or something i think, because i went so much broke and lie to them and myself over my poker prestations.

therefore i'm gonna try to start over here, bye reading blogs and discuss and maybe i wil start a blog in the furture if i start over whit a new bankroll, but first i need to know a good way to start over whit less chance to tilt.

Sorry for my english btw, its not very good, although i understand everything :)
  • 19 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, you know but i'm going to say it anyway... bankroll management

you just have to be honest with yourself when you can't go on. i've moved down nl5->nl2 and nl25->nl10 before, now i've moved up nl25->nl50 which is not going so well (but not THAT horrible either) and let's see how that goes
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      well, you know but i'm going to say it anyway... bankroll management

you just have to be honest with yourself when you can't go on. i've moved down nl5->nl2 and nl25->nl10 before, now i've moved up nl25->nl50 which is not going so well (but not THAT horrible either) and let's see how that goes
      yep i know, thats the only thing what count bankroll management, but sometimes it looks like i forget it and than i start to gamble.
    • elitetroop
      elitetroop
      Bronze
      hi,LetsGambleBaby
      I think People from Netherlands are very nice and friendly.
      Welcome,my friend.
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      gl here my friend ;)
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      Originally posted by yoshiwa
      gl here my friend ;)
      he yoshiwa! dankjewel!

Ja dat werd hem niet meer daar op het nederlandse forum, nu maar even zo beginnen en nu goed :D
    • pollentier
      pollentier
      Silver
      Originally posted by LetsGambleBaby

he yoshiwa! dankjewel!

Ja dat werd hem niet meer daar op het nederlandse forum, nu maar even zo beginnen en nu goed :D
      Good luck with your new start ;)

But on the english forum you better post in english :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to the English community, Rik!

You know, I think it doesn't matter which community you post in because everyday is a new day and you can start with a clean slate and start making better decisions. If you think users think you're a joke or don't like you, then be it. Does everyone have to like you? Do you even care?

Turn negative energies into positive and make it the main drive to succeed in poker.

Perfecting your game will take time, in fact it will probably last for a very long time to come because poker is something that will always be a forever evolving thing. Everyday something new pops up and you simply have to keep your head up high and study study study. Patience is also key here next to BRM.

Good luck!
      Ingrid
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      Originally posted by IngridN

You know, I think it doesn't matter which community you post in because everyday is a new day and you can start with a clean slate and start making better decisions. If you think users think you're a joke or don't like you, then be it. Does everyone have to like you? Do you even care?

Turn negative energies into positive and make it the main drive to succeed in poker.

Perfecting your game will take time, in fact it will probably last for a very long time to come because poker is something that will always be a forever evolving thing. Everyday something new pops up and you simply have to keep your head up high and study study study. Patience is also key here next to BRM.

Good luck!
      Ingrid
      Thanks a lot! i'm gonna study like a boss :s_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LetsGambleBaby

Good luck!
      Ingrid
      Thanks a lot! i'm gonna study like a boss :s_biggrin:
      good :f_grin:
    • Opuuo
      Opuuo
      Basic
      welcome friend..
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      Originally posted by Opuuo
      welcome friend..

Thanks!!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      How is study going Rik?
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      ooooooooo share the gossip on what went downnnnnnnnnnnnn on the dutch forums. Turf wars over forums ?? :D
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      How is study going Rik?
      Study is going great, i do a lot every day and i think that there is a bit progress already in my mindset, so that's great :)

check my blog :) i update daily

BLOG

Nice that you asked :)
    • quicksandak
      quicksandak
      Bronze
      Hey good luck man I hope you start to get it. Ima check out your blog im new here and to be honest I think you blog will be the first I have ever seen lol.

quicksandak
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      hello Rik.

You already sound like you play a solid game.

As Ingrid mentioned BRM and patience are key. You must be willing to drop a level to protect your BR and to regain confidence even if you think it's just negative variance.

Maybe you should read some of Jared Tendlar's excellent articles on the mental side of the game, in particular dealing with tilt and negative variance.

Anyway I think the Dutch forums loss is our gain and I for one will be following your blog with interest.

Also remember when well known pros disappear for a while, it's often because they have gone broke and are trying to get another BR together, so going broke is something that happens to players on all levels.

Proper BRM is the only way to alleviate that risk.

Again welcome and good luck

Lazza
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you Lazza for such a supportive post! =)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thank you Lazza for such a supportive post! =)

:D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      So much love!

Hi Rik and all :f_love: